• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    It is my pleasure to show the membership the beautiful holster and belt I received from Monica Kuehn Leather yesterday. And, I didn't wait a month to get it!!!!!!

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

The holster is Monica's "Bodhi" inside-the-waistband model, and the gun belt is one of her outstanding pieces of leatherwork in the same brown color as the holster. Made for a Colt Model 04691 Commander, the holster fits the pistol perfectly. When combined with the gunbelt, the entire rig rides snugly between the 3 o'clock 4:30 position belt loops on the Wrangler jeans I wear every day.

IMG_3180.jpg

I have no hesitation in highly recommending Monica's products to my fellow members of this forum.
    ARJ Defense ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I need to get a H&K Mk23 or an AMT 7" Hardballer Longslide and have Monica make me an IWB holster. IWB carry of such guns just exudes manliness, though a full size 1911 is a good start. ;) lol j/k

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    Nice rig Slim. Looks well made. For some reason I thought you carried a New Agent.
    Until I received my holster/belt combination from Monica, I did carry the New Agent, almost exclusively. However, I always wanted the option of carrying my Commander, but had no suitable holster to carry it in, inside-the-waistband. Now I do!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    Until I received my holster/belt combination from Monica, I did carry the New Agent, almost exclusively. However, I always wanted the option of carrying my Commander, but had no suitable holster to carry it in, inside-the-waistband. Now I do!
    To elaborate on my answer to gemini a little; I realized that the best year round holster for me is a leather inside-the-waistband rig, anchored to my belt in the same manner as Monica's "Bodhi", and using the least amount of leather possible (i.e. no reinforced holster mouth). The first such holster I bought was a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage for my Colt New Agent.

IMG_3140.jpg

This holster does an outstanding job of securing my weapon, with the most concealment possible. Unfortunately, Tucker's lead times are several months.

The more I studied Monica's web site, I was struck by the quality of her work, and her commitment to customer satisfaction. While there is no "best choice" for everyone, Monica Kuehn Leather gets my hearty endorsement for anyone shopping for high class gun leather.
    IMG_3190.jpg

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I also conceal a large gun (Glock 21) in a Bohdi IWB holster made by Monica. I need to get a belt too.
    It's a great holster and I carry with it every day. I go with a more frontal carry, say 2 o clock.

The Glock 21 just disappears. Even in shorts and a t-shirt, no one can tell I'm packing a full sized Glock. I may sell my Kahr PM9.

Attachments

• IMG_8169_CR..jpg
      IMG_8169_CR..jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 204

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Thank yall for the kind words.

Concealment was the priority for the Bodhi. Then comfort. I built the holster for myself. If I wouldn't wear it, it wasn't getting built. I'm a smaller gal and I found it difficult to conceal any reinforced mouth holster. Of course a reinforced mouth is an option for folks who prefer it. I wear my Bodhi every day along with the #1 belt.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom