ARJ Defense ad

Brutal USPSA Classifier Stage (CM 09-01, Six-in-six)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Shot this classifier for the first time Sunday. Unfortunately I went first and didn't really understand the stage (that's on me), so it didn't go well.

In any case, the first string is pretty brutal - 25 yards, 12 rounds + reload in six seconds.

https://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/09-01.pdf

09-01.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• 09-01.jpg
      09-01.jpg
      7.8 KB · Views: 376
    Last edited:

BCGlocker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    El Paso, TX
    Shooting production class, at 25 yard, to ensure A-zone hits, I estimate I need 1.75 sec from draw and .75 splits for shots 2-6 which comes to 3.75 sec. 3 second for reload and first shot, last, another 3.75 second, lastly, for shots 2-6, it came out to be 12.25. More than twice of allotted time. If I try to shoot this course in 6 sec., I will be doing "Spray and Pray".

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I would love that. It actually combines parts of the IDPA classifier stage 1 and stage 3. We had a similar stage at the Bladetech competition last year but I think the longest distance was 40 yards (yes highly irregular for IDPA).

Do you run USPSA with APPSC?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Shooting production class, at 25 yard, to ensure A-zone hits, I estimate I need 1.75 sec from draw and .75 splits for shots 2-6 which comes to 3.75 sec. 3 second for reload and first shot, last, another 3.75 second, lastly, for shots 2-6, it came out to be 12.25. More than twice of allotted time. If I try to shoot this course in 6 sec., I will be doing "Spray and Pray".

I don't think more than one or two people got one shot past reload. Essentially, what they did (and I should have done) was six well-placed A shots in the first string. Going first and having not seen the stage (or the other shooters shooting it), I tried to beat the clock.

I would love that. It actually combines parts of the IDPA classifier stage 1 and stage 3. We had a similar stage at the Bladetech competition last year but I think the longest distance was 40 yards (yes highly irregular for IDPA).

Do you run USPSA with APPSC?

Occasionally. This was with the Chicken Ranch group in LaGrange and is probably one of the best groups I've shot with for a match. I shoot the Austin matches when I can, but for now, I need Sunday matches based on my work schedule.

I'll be shooting the IDPA match Sunday at ARC with Texas Tactical. It'll be my first match with my "new" Glock 17/Safariland 5197 setup.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Good luck! I will be there the following Saturday (ARC). I've already used up my wife permitted nonchurch Sundays with CAPS this month.

La Grange eh, thats a fair piece from Austin. You are a traveling man indeed. If you drive that way, give thought to KR Training on 21 and 290. they occasionally have competition classes that are vouched for.

Also, Texas Tactical does Sunday matches at Cedar Ridge, and the USPSA guys shoot a plate match on the last Sunday a month I've been told.

Also the Oilfield Classic in pert near bicycle distance from my place in Houston this year in September. Thats driving distance to an Austin area person.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    La Grange eh, thats a fair piece from Austin. You are a traveling man indeed. If you drive that way, give thought to KR Training on 21 and 290. they occasionally have competition classes that are vouched for.

I'm working weekends in Houston and get off at 6AM on Sunday mornings. That's perfect for a stop through LaGrange (or Manor) on the way home for a match. :)

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Excellent. I am the opposite. Remember, watch out for Da PoPo in Giddings and those steenking intersection cameras in Elgin if you go 290 way.

EDIT: there is are a couple of Houston groups that shoot in Waller. You might give them a look too.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Excellent. I am the opposite. Remember, watch out for Da PoPo in Giddings and those steenking intersection cameras in Elgin if you go 290 way.

Got bit by an intersection camera in Elgin once. Bad thing is I was so tired I don't remember running it, but I clear as day did.

Giddings? I love watching folks speed through there as I slow down. Too many people don't know about their "Giddings Highway Patrol" status. Burton used to be that way, too.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I don't think more than one or two people got one shot past reload. Essentially, what they did (and I should have done) was six well-placed A shots in the first string. Going first and having not seen the stage (or the other shooters shooting it), I tried to beat the clock.

How did they fire 6 rounds in the first string? Per your pic of the setup, it shows only 4 rounds per string? 2, reload, then 2...and what makes even less sense is why is it named 6 in 6 if there's a total of 8 rounds called for? I'm confused...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    How did they fire 6 rounds in the first string? Per your pic of the setup, it shows only 4 rounds per string? 2, reload, then 2...and what makes even less sense is why is it named 6 in 6 if there's a total of 8 rounds called for? I'm confused...

2 per each target - 6 total

First string is 6, reload, 6 - in six seconds.

Second and third strings are just 6 in six seconds.

BCGlocker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    El Paso, TX
    In order to shoot this in 6 second and expect decent hits, the targets need to be move up to 7 yards. LOL

I am interested to find out if any grandmasters can shoot this in 6 sec. and get mostly A hits.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    In order to shoot this in 6 second and expect decent hits, the targets need to be move up to 7 yards. LOL

I am interested to find out if any grandmasters can shoot this in 6 sec. and get mostly A hits.

I got decent A hits on the two closer, six-round-only strings.

The 6 + reload + 6 at ANY distance, in six seconds, is effing impossible, IMHO. :)

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I got decent A hits on the two closer, six-round-only strings.

The 6 + reload + 6 at ANY distance, in six seconds, is effing impossible, IMHO. :)
    Oooohhh, ok...too much beer I guess. 2 rounds EACH target. Gotchya...so you said most just placed 6 rounds well and effed the reload. Interesting...not quite the spirit I would do. Good on ya for trying ;-)

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Oooohhh, ok...too much beer I guess. 2 rounds EACH target. Gotchya...so you said most just placed 6 rounds well and effed the reload. Interesting...not quite the spirit I would do. Good on ya for trying ;-)

Most people couldn't get TO the reload - shot six happened between 4.5 and 6 seconds in (after draw, volley of 2-2-2, etc.).

Top Bottom