• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Buc-ees is the gold standard for "you get what you pay for".

Yes, it's expensive but it's always clean, never a wait for the restroom, good food and drinks, and plenty of stuff to shop for. Plus they're always consistent. You know what you're getting when you walk in the door.

Keeping it staffed to maintain those standards isn't cheap.

I'll spend a little extra to support businesses I like and this is one.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I'll stop at Buc-ees occasionally....sort of an occasional treat. Beaver Nuggets are worth it. But, on long road trips, the family & I tend to find the local Brookshire's a better rest stop. The restrooms are just as clean, and the snacks are a lot cheaper. May even get a little grocery shopping done as well....

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I live 8 miles from a Bucees so I'm a little over the hype but still go regularly for ethanol free gas, cheap beer, and occasional snack or whatever. Its always a madhouse getting in and out of there but never a line for anything plus those bathrooms are eerily clean. I think I've only had 1 sandwich ever from there and fudge maybe twice. Exgf used to get the candied nuts all the time. Pretty decent quality stuff, but the "good" stuff is horrendously over priced. If you're a tourist, passing through and its a rarity the prices make sense because the quality is good and you don't have access to it every day like I do. But $14 for a little bag of jerky, $9 for a meh sandwich, $1,000 for logo swag and chiotchskis, and $19 for fudge just doesn't impress me. Then again, I grew up on Mackinac Island fudge, Pismo salt water taffy, and other nice things so gas station treats just don't do it for me anymore.
    Now there's a word I haven't heard in a long time.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    They remind me of what a mall was like 30 years ago in the days leading up to Christmas. Just mobs of people roaming around without any apparent objective. My wife’s family over in the EU has heard of them, and it was one of the destinations they wanted to see when they came to visit several years back.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    They remind me of what a mall was like 30 years ago in the days leading up to Christmas. Just mobs of people roaming around without any apparent objective. My wife’s family over in the EU has heard of them, and it was one of the destinations they wanted to see when they came to visit several years back.
    I took a friend to his first visit to the Baytown Buc-ees. He described it as, "It looked like you took your foot and raked the top off a fire ant bed."

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    We occasionally stop if we need a bathroom break when on the road. Very clean bathrooms aplenty. About the only thing I'll buy anymore are the most excellent Beaver Nuggets! Everything is spendy, and their coffee sucks.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Buc-ees. The truckles truck stop.

I get my diesel and non alcoholic fuel there, but gave up on their food long ago,.
    Fudge aside, it seems that they cant make anything without mayo or bbq sauce. I don't care for one and can't stand the other, so I just bypass all of it.
    Most of Buccee’s “snacks” have extremely high sugar & HFCS content. Opposite of “healthy”.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Most of Buccee’s “snacks” have extremely high sugar & HFCS content. Opposite of “healthy”.
    For phucs sake it's called food enginerring & has been the down fall of America. If you want to sell food & at a profit in America you just do it.

I can't drive past a Bu-cee's without stopping, and my weakness is my down fall. I always use the restrooms, and only had to wait briefly once in Madisonville. My spending has changed slightly. I learned very long ado not to buy the hot food from the store were I use to turnoff to go to Greenwood Gun Club.

While my favorite cold sammich changed & the individual Pineapple Upside Down Cake no longer exist I found other things that are a must for me.The white Cheese Jalapeño Popcorn is my Nugget. I will get a cold sammich if hungry, but not always. Their Dried pork & venison sausage is my new favorite road trip snack as is their jerky. I generally get the brownies, making sure the save one for the wife. A drink be it bottle water or whatever, & Sour Cherry Candy.

I do not own any logo stuff, & I stopped buying cigarettes. While my road trips are pretty much over for me I will still stop giving a chance.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Cleanest restrooms on I-35, my favorite place to take a crap.

Usually grab a bbq sandwich. Decent enough and quick in and out. I hate to dabble when I travel usually.

And I think the beaver nuggets are awful.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I like their bbq sandwiches as far as quick on-the-go foods are concerned. Sure, they aren’t the best out there but they certainly are not terrible. Coconut cream pie and banana pudding is good too. Left to my vices, I’d never stop in unless I needed something. Wife can’t pass one up though, so when we travel together, I usually end up stopping

Top Bottom