• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Shelter construction, repairing equipment(shoulder strap or busted zipper on bag), I'm sure with enough imagination more ideas would come up.

I've been pretty creative with them in the past. And lets face it, necessity is the mother of invention.
    Venture Surplus ad

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I drug my kids for a little over a mile through the pasture today in the wagon. Total weight is probably about 75 lbs.

Get out and practice on some rough terrain, my calves were burning, lol. Of course this was one of the plastic radio flyers and not exactly made for all terrain use. Gets heavy in soft dirt.

Good idea with the dog, but you may have to drag it yourself someday.

Yep. My ruck is about 75 pounds too and I hump it around the Hillcountry for a workout , to make adjustments on pack weight and the best ways to carry it. I have everything from SAS survival guide(small compact book) Daytrex food bars , MRE's,Flecktarn shelter halves that double as rain coat, multiple knives/knife sharpener, machete with sawback,dry match containers, lots of fire starter, lighters, extra socks, camelback/water pouches, water filter/water purification tabs,small med pack, extra seeing glasses,folding bundeswehr cook stove/fuel tabs, leather string for fire bow,paracord,radios/extra batteries,silver/cash along with some other things.

Mine is more of an INCH bag. If I'm forced to leave my home, then I don't plan on returning for a long time. I'm very well setup at my house with my rain collection system, farming capabilities, and general security. I hope I never have to take my family on the road for whatever reason.

My DDR shepherds have their own backpacks. They love to wear them and go in to work mode instantly.

One of the most important things is a good pair of boots. I went with Bates RAT boots and couldn't be happier.

Nobody's needs are exactly the same. Alot of things come in to play: Location, your plan-secondary location what you have there and what it takes to get there, your age and family needs.

There is no ONE bag fits all.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Got my Lifestraw in. i was surprised how small they are. Personal item i guess.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom