• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    My old explorer is doing ok. It's needed some major work and has been one of the worse cars in that respect I have ever owned. Plastic is breaking, seat needs rebuilding etc. I started looking at Jeep Wranglers and they are as much as a truck so I thought why not just get a truck?

What can I build and price out a stripped 250 for?
    6.3L gas engine
    LT package.
    4x4.
    Upgrade to cloth seats.
    Upgrade to carpet.
    $42,000. Are they insane? At 48 mints that's $1,000 a month. That's a house note. Oh sure you can stretch it out to 84 months but damn. I guess I drive the explorer till the tires fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hurley's Gold

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I always thought I made good money. Either I have to start eating spam or start robbing banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I have a 10 year old truck. Now is around the time I generally would replace it. It's not happening this time around due to the insane prices of new vehicles. This truck will be kept until it falls apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    My '13 F250 Platinum had an msrp of $65,500. A 17' model equipped the same way list for almost $74k. Almost a 9k price increase in 4 years no thanks to low fuel prices.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Better plan in getting that whole aluminum thing rino lined

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Just wait for the left overs and fine one you want, or if that doesn't work out, get one used with under 20,000 miles on the odo from the same year and pay in cash.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    My '05 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty with the marvelous 5.9 HO Cummins Diesel was stolen in November '13.

The insurance payout was not enough to get into another diesel, so I bought a '13 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4X4 XLT. The dealership knocked $13,500 off the sticker price, plus they gave me another $1,500 in Ford Incentives.

Never pay "sticker" price for a car, truck, or van.

The best time to buy is always at the end of the month, when dealers are hurting for sales.

Also, Truecar.com is your friend.

Be well.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I think the striped F250's list for between 32 and 33 to start. Since Ford doesn't have a 6.3 or an LT model that I'm aware of, I'll assume you meant 6.2 and an XL model.

Of course the new XL base model now comes with more stuff than the XLT trucks used to. Upgrades get expensive quick so be careful.

It's also a great time to find a deal on a new 16 model that's sitting on the lot. You'll likely see a 10 grand savings over the 17 model.

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    I've owned 3 now Ford f250's and now a f350 and if you do go with one get the new diesel. I have 70K with no issues on it and it will help immensely with resale value. When I traded my 06 and 09 f250s at the same time to get the 350 I made 33K off of those 2 trucks that I put towards the new one. I know they are more expensive but they hold their value better than the F150s or expeditions (wife's on her second).

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Forgive the dumb question, but other than fuel costs and maintenance, what are the advantages and disadvantages of a diesel engine over gasoline? I don't really haul anything now but if certain things work out I may have a need to in the future.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Forgive the dumb question, but other than fuel costs and maintenance, what are the advantages and disadvantages of a diesel engine over gasoline? I don't really haul anything now but if certain things work out I may have a need to in the future.
    Diesel costs more over all with maintenance, but gets better gas mileage in the short run. Really, unless you're hauling or towing diesel is not going to offer much advantage other than resale value.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom