• ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I haven't bought a car since 2005.
    I had 3, but sold one about 5 months ago.

Paid my last one off in 3. Then an F-150 ran into it.

Bought a cash car with the settlement. I'm not doing payments again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there are some who don't have payments, but in general, I think most of the population does. After 560,000 miles on my old truck, I've got my first payment in 10 years. Of course they offered the rebate and 0% interest so the payment option didn't hurt too bad. I've got a baler that was financed the same way. Ready to write a check and they asked if I wanted 3 years at 0% during the promotion.

It's not just consumers who have fallen into the finance everything trap. The manufacturers get a little desperate too if you buy at the right time.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I know there are some who don't have payments, but in general, I think most of the population does. After 560,000 miles on my old truck, I've got my first payment in 10 years. Of course they offered the rebate and 0% interest so the payment option didn't hurt too bad. I've got a baler that was financed the same way. Ready to write a check and they asked if I wanted 3 years at 0% during the promotion.

It's not just consumers who have fallen into the finance everything trap. The manufacturers get a little desperate too if you buy at the right time.

Yep.
    Money is cheap right now.
    My 1st mortgage was 18%.
    With inflation, they're almost paying me now.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

Lol. Well 0% is free money.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Lol. Well 0% is free money.

Not always. Most of the time it's a rebate or 0%, and 99% of the time you're better off taking the rebate since the finance charges won't be as high as the rebate if you secure good financing from other than the dealer.

But when they throw it in on top of the rebate, then it becomes hard to argue with. Of course you still have to make the payment on the principle which is outrageous enough.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Haggle the price down and finance it for 6 years through the dealership. Then pay it off with the first payment

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've got my first payment in 10 years. Of course they offered the rebate and 0% interest so the payment option didn't hurt too bad. I've got a baler that was financed the same way. Ready to write a check and they asked if I wanted 3 years at 0% during the promotion.
    Yep... With interest rates that low it's better to finance things that depreciate and use your cash for investments. Just gotta be aware that things are going to flip back to normal at some point.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Yep... With interest rates that low it's better to finance things that depreciate and use your cash for investments. Just gotta be aware that things are going to flip back to normal at some point.
    0% interest (on your savings anyway) is the normal. If they raise it, then everything will be belly up....

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    0% interest (on your savings anyway) is the normal. If they raise it, then everything will be belly up....
    A savings account isn't investment. An investment is something that grows faster than inflation and will inherently have a little risk.

The interest rates have to raise at some point. Yeah it'll suck, but if they don't raise them sometime soon the results of that will suck even more.

Top Bottom