• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I drive 2 dodges. One is mine 2500 hemi. I get 15 @ 75 mph towing anything I get 10 @ 75 mph

For work it's a 1 ton dodge Cummings
    If I'm hauling my fat butt around its 14 @ 75 mph
    With a trailer it's 10@75 mph. I don't haul anything heavy. Just bulky.
    If I pay, it costs me about the same $$ to change the oil.

My gasser has 250k on it. And it's solid. I just don't see how I'd ever break even short of actually doing hotshot work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My work truck (13 cummins) gets 11mpg rolling around at 17,000lbs with trailer.

Not a major wind load, just weight.

May drop to 10.5 if I add 3 or 4 yards of dirt.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    The old PSDs couldn't meet current emissions BS, and without current emissions BS the new diesels would probably get the mileage of old.

But they are also up to crazy HP and torque numbers, 440 and 925 respectively. I bet if you move those numbers down, to maybe 250 and 450 like the old one, that you could meet emissions with all the new crap and get fuel economy back.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    not sure what the 7.3 got but my prehistoric 6.0 psd was rated 325/560

i got a throttle body spacer and now it's about 500/1000

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    First diesel "truck" I drove was a 272" wheelbase international load star
    290 hp Cummins. Rig moving truck.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I wish they'd get over the horsepower wars, and retune down to about 350HP and maybe 600 ft/lbs of torque but get the mileage back into the high teens or low twenties, like the old 7.3 PSD. That would be a whole different value proposition.

Amen. Of course the HP wars will never end, but the only real hope is one of the smaller diesels that's designed for a half ton or smaller van being successful and then offered as an option in the super duty platform so they can stay in the HP wars and have a MPG offering.

The old PSDs couldn't meet current emissions BS, and without current emissions BS the new diesels would probably get the mileage of old.

Screw all the emissions BS. Lower emissions by cutting mileage in half and burning twice the fuel, what could go wrong?

I don't think you're assuming anything. The Lie-O-Meter computer has actually been pretty accurate on my new truck in terms of gallons used and MPG's (hand calculated). Reset the computer on a trip to Denton last weekend. Average speed between 75 - 80 mph. Computer said 20.4 mpg's, which is better than my old 7.3 would have gotten on the ULSD fuel. The older LSD fuel with no bio mixed in and my 7.3 could get that too.

Did a little in town driving while visiting the inlaws (trip to eat) and then it was the same trip back home. Truck had one of those regen things on the way home and while it said 19.4 mpg average when we left, it was down to 14.4 mpg's when we got home.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Sorry it's 0545 and I forgot my phone in my truck, that's why the dark pics

He's parked next to my '15 F150 2wd, it's a 250 not 350. On the other side is a raptor

His is 4wd

d9b2e8efcb7e3536e68e09984ade1da1.jpg
    a61584f0b57eeb300044179627e1859b.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Sure, but the vehicle is typically paid off in 4 years, not 20 or more...
    Well that helps as well, right? Your salary should be increasing (until you retire at least), but your mortgage stays the same. Over time you have more disposable income for important things like guns and cars.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Well that helps as well, right? Your salary should be increasing (until you retire at least), but your mortgage stays the same. Over time you have more disposable income for important things like guns and cars.

Except people do stupid things like refi to 'cash out' - if they stay longer than the 7 years or so people tend to own homes. Or, as is oftentimes the case, they 'upsize' and buy a bigger house every couple of years, as their income escalates.

Eli

(I work in Real Estate, I see it a lot!)

Top Bottom