• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Lol.. Can't wait for the batf to see this... Should be interesting.
    BATFE-Slide-Stock-Review-Le.jpg

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    $319 for that... Are you kidding... Looks like UTG and Tokyo muri made a baby...

edit*** However I guess compared to $10+k and tax stamps this is a good options for those who really REALLY wanna shoot full auto-like.

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    I dont know if the can renege on it. I know for a fact that the would have banned the stock if they could from the start. The big issue here is there is not working parts so they dont have anything to control. It's just a stock.
    Actualy there made right here in Texas. Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15

They absolutely can renege on that opinion because that's all that letter is. An opinion. It's not a law. It's merely their opinion of the law, which is not legally binding or necessarily correct. They can change their opinion at any time.

Witness Akins Accelerator.

Personally, I think the whole thing is overpriced... but then again, they're selling them like hotcakes apparently. So maybe not.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    While it may be currently legal, I still would not want to fire one of these on a public range!

I suspect the ATF might reverse this ruling in the future...

Cheers! M2

ZacMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sugar Land
    As for looks, I'm a form follows function guy. Based on the function it performs, it looks beautiful to me.

As for price, if it were just a stock it would be overpriced. It's not just a stock, it's a system. And it's a system that works beautifully.

You could pay $200 for the stamp which gives you the right to pay $25,000 for a new M-16 (cheaper used, but still 5 figures) or you could pay $350-370 for one of these and put it on your AR-15 and get pretty similar practical functionality. It represents value to me...and it makes me smile.

They're going to be at the gun show in Port Arthur this weekend (2/19-20).

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    While it may be currently legal, I still would not want to fire one of these on a public range!

I suspect the ATF might reverse this ruling in the future...

Cheers! M2

That maybe. But looking at the design it seems simple enough to copy. Maybe perfect with magpul, hogue etc grips if you like them. Now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak I suspect a price drop and lots of copies. Shoot, I could make one myself for less than $100.
    That's a lot less than a registered m-16.

So I can't take it to the public range... I can't rapid fire there anyway. I got a private range where this gizmo will be appreciated.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    How does it work exactly? Ive heard of bump firing but never tried it.

You keep your finger locked into position and pull the rifle forward which pulls the trigger. The recoil pops the rifle back resetting the trigger. To keep it firing just keep pulling the rifle forward.

The akins accelerator for 10/22s used a spring instead of your muscles to pull the rifle forward. I guess the BATFE thought that was too easy and wrote a letter saying it was a machinegun.

ZacMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sugar Land
    anyone who pays that much for one of these things is an idiot

Wow! So based on that logic is the guy that paid $25k for a new M-16 an idiot too?

You know, I've always said that the man who tries to reason with a known fool is the greater fool, so you might be right after all. My bad.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Sorry, I have to waste my meager cash on dumb things like a $1250 injector pump for my Dodge 3500....its sitting dead as a doornail and I don't like walkin' ! But,
    that stock is a neat idea for they who like MG type firing. $319 bucks plus shipping ? I don't like it that well....

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Wow! So based on that logic is the guy that paid $25k for a new M-16 an idiot too?

You know, I've always said that the man who tries to reason with a known fool is the greater fool, so you might be right after all. My bad.

a guy with six posts is already insulting members? yeah you're gonna do great around here

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    anyone who pays that much for one of these things is an idiot

Dude, just because you don't want one doesn't mean that people who would pay that price, which is actually quite low when you look at what is delivered, are idiots.. it is forum trolls like that one that make people avoid forums regardless of if they are a great source of information.

I myself plan to purchase one, and keep it in reserve for if needed in the future. It would be interesting to see how the ATF could regulate it, but since they have decided to categorize other bump fire stocks in the past as "destructive devices" we shall see.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom