• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The F/A gun would also retain it's full value and actually, increase, in value. So in reality, you're not losing much of anything by buying a full auto gun, with the exception of the $200 tax stamp, and you'd be gaining the support of the tax stamp.

This stock just looks like another toy that will be around until the ATF decides it wants to get rid of it. They don't have to reason anything ... they are the ATF and no one is going to tell them no. Local law enforcement will follow whatever the ATF tells them. Just how it works, and how the fate of all the "make your gun full-auto" devices have gone to in the past.

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Is it basically a rubber stock? I mean looks like it works like a heavy duty rubber band. Still, I think i might.... Not gonna say on a public forum if i will get one :)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Tell ya what....come look at what's in MY safe, then say that. If someone wants one, what's the big deal? You can have a lot of fun for a LOT less $$$ than a full-auto would cost ya!

you did it didnt you? i bet the range report is in TGT's secret beirgarten

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Nope - and given the ATF's tendency to change their mind, the only way I will is if it's a ftf deal w/o any stupid "bill of sale", etc. to give them traceability.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Nope - and given the ATF's tendency to change their mind, the only way I will is if it's a ftf deal w/o any stupid "bill of sale", etc. to give them traceability.

good point. though i think cash money should be good enough right?unless they make you write your name on a copy of a receipt or something...

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    A somebody I know used to come here to my place to shoot his AK47, bump fire it. Of course he couldn't hit anything using that method smaller than an imaginary elephant. But if I had any money to poop off, I might have one of those stocks just for the hell of it...No more out of the ordinary than going to Red Lobster and chowing down their finest when you could just go to a MsDonalds for a greasy burger...Now is it > But the $$$$ is scarcer these days....

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    A somebody I know used to come here to my place to shoot his AK47, bump fire it. Of course he couldn't hit anything using that method smaller than an imaginary elephant. But if I had any money to poop off, I might have one of those stocks just for the hell of it...No more out of the ordinary than going to Red Lobster and chowing down their finest when you could just go to a MsDonalds for a greasy burger...Now is it > But the $$$$ is scarcer these days....

I have shot both this bump fire stock and military Full Auto M4's and this stock is equally as accurate as a real full auto if you shoot it right. The point to shooting any auto is burst control. The difference with your buddy bump firing his AK was it was likely from the hip shooting.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have shot both this bump fire stock and military Full Auto M4's and this stock is equally as accurate as a real full auto if you shoot it right. The point to shooting any auto is burst control. The difference with your buddy bump firing his AK was it was likely from the hip shooting.

i once bumpfired an AK.

all i succeded in doing was tilling a small patch of grass.

with nontoxic ammo, it could be a super fun way to plough.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    One shot....one dead thing. That's the way I do it.

Rock & Roll rates of fire will get you tossed out of our range, too.

Flash

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Psychology and all that aside, sometimes a firearm running F/A brings a thrill, like a microsecond of being John Wayne on Iwo Jima or Audie Murphy on the back of that tank blasting Nazis....Perhaps that instant of the old days when a kid and his cap pistol were Gene Autry or Roy Rodgers. But on awakening from the dream world we see Sgt. Alvin York in WWI with a bolt action rifle and a 1911 .45 shutting down German machineguns......There's a small bit of a little kid in most of us at times....The BATFE doesn't like machineguns, you say ? They likely don't like burgers & fries, either !

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    i once bumpfired an AK.

all i succeded in doing was tilling a small patch of grass.

with nontoxic ammo, it could be a super fun way to plough.

Pretty much spot on, except there are better ways to bump-fire an AK that are a little more accurate. Still, it usually ends up being a waste of ammo...

Again, I'd like to know where people are planning to shoot these things that won't draw the attention of the range officials?!? They also have no hunting applicability, so I don't really see any appeal to them personally; but if someone wants to spend their hard-earned money on one, that's their business and I wish them all the best!

Cheers! M2

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'd rather have a gizmo that would allow for a 3 round burst. (and did not hang off the bottom of the trigger guard like a toilet flush) Full auto was fun when uncle sam was buying the bullets, but not on my nickel

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Trigger control will give ya the 3-round bursts w/o a problem. If you've never shot a full-auto, don't kvetch 'bout 'em until you have. They *can* be wicked-mean, plain ol' fun - and there's something about 'em that's just neat to play with. I've had one - an Uzi - and if life ever allows me another, that'll be what I'll go with. The 9mm is pretty easy to control vs the others, an' purty cheap to shoot, too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The F/A gun would also retain it's full value and actually, increase, in value. So in reality, you're not losing much of anything by buying a full auto gun, with the exception of the $200 tax stamp, and you'd be gaining the support of the tax stamp.
    This is true, unless one law gets changed. Your $15k m16 just became a $1k m16. It isn't likely to happen, but it could.

Top Bottom