• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I know someone who tried to dig a fence-post hole with an AK. (successfully I might add!) LOL.

splitting wood a few mintues ago i was starting to wonder if i could use one of my guns to make the work go faster.

(dont have a wedge so i was lodging my axe in the logs and beating them like a giant over heavy sledge hammer into pavement.)

ZacMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sugar Land
    Bump-firing from the hip does allow you to put a lot of rounds down range, but this SSAR-15 allows you to keep rounds on target by holding the rifle in a proper shooting position. To me, that's an important distinction.

I had them at the Port Arthur show this last weekend. Interestingly, the ATF had a booth right down the aisle from me. I was visited by different agents each day. They saw the video display, watched my demonstration and listened to my "spiel" and read a copy of the letter from the FTB, posted earlier in this thread, that I had on display as well. I asked the first one what his impression was since folks are more likely to encounter a field agent than the home office and he looked at it and said "it's perfectly legal...and it's kind of cool". (you can't buy that kind of advertising!)

Another agent told me that he was stationed in the Firearms Technology Branch (FTB) when this stock was submitted for evaluation and was familiar with it. He transferred out before the letter was written, but he apparently called the home office to check up on it (according to another show patron) and I never heard another word from them about it. I take that as verification that it is perfectly legal. If not they surely would have had a more serious conversation with me. In all fairness, I must say that both agents I spoke with were cordial and easy, even pleasant, to speak with.

I found "The Real Gun Show" people to be fantastic to work with too and I'll have these at their next show in Pasadena on 3/12-13. Stop by if you want to have a look. I'll be back in PA in April too.

Top Bottom