buried guns

cowboy45

May 1, 2008
mexia texas
Does anyone know of a site that talks about the army burying thousands of crated guns and ordnance on a military reservation in Northeast Texas. I read something several years ago and cant remember the details. It may have been an urban legend but I remember reading excerpts from men who supposedly were involved in it. Just curious and I thought about it the other day while reading about buried legends in texas. I think it may have been on the Red River Army Depot or some now defunct base from WWII. Any input ould help.

Thanks

Jeff B

May 28, 2008
Flower Mound, TX
The military is not too big on doing things like burying ordinance. They'll put it up in warehouses and lose track of it, but burying crated stuff would be out ot the ordinary.

A MSG that worked for me at one time related a story of when he did an inventory at a warehouse @ the New Cumberland Army Depot, and they found loads of parts (including engines) for spotter planes that had been out of the inventory for like 30+ years. All brand new and in original packaging.

Jeff B.

Saxet

Mar 22, 2008
Pasadena, TX
My aunt worked for Morton-Thycol in East Texas for 30+ years and it was well known that there was guns and ammo buried on the plant grounds for many years. She worked there since the early 70's and even showed me where it was buried

mac79912

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Mar 4, 2008
That would be a great find.You would have to keep it quiet as the government would probably want their gun's back or try and tax you.

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
I've got a back hoe, just tell me the time and place. ;)

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member