• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    A photo to help you enjoy your hospital stay. One of many oodles of sights to see in Cancun…
    96103C8B-DA07-4587-947E-8AB3C8902503.jpeg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That and minimal exercise hard living.
    But it changes Monday at 0900.
    Then got to love it got a spot on my liver. Yeeeeeee haw..
    Not life threatening according to the doctor.
    But got to get it removed in the next few months..
    Have you put in a change of address to the hospital yet? Sounds like they're trying to keep you there.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Tell them your insurance ran out and you'll be on the street in minutes!
    QFT.

The doctors told my sister during her last hospitalization that she would die in 2 weeks if she didn't have a certain very expensive cardiac procedure. She said OK, as long as you have my cardiologist come to my room and tell me to do it. Her cardiologist had privileges at that hospital, btw.

They discharged her the next day, with her PT/INR levels at a point where their own procedures required them to keep her. They weren't able to sell an expensive procedure so they had no need of her.

Baylor. In the Houston med center. I wouldn't send an enemy to that hospital.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    QFT.

The doctors told my sister during her last hospitalization that she would die in 2 weeks if she didn't have a certain very expensive cardiac procedure. She said OK, as long as you have my cardiologist come to my room and tell me to do it. Her cardiologist had privileges at that hospital, btw.

They discharged her the next day, with her PT/INR levels at a point where their own procedures required them to keep her. They weren't able to sell an expensive procedure so they had no need of her.

Ugh- did all turn out ok?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ugh- did all turn out ok?
    Yes. She got out and went to see her cardiologist. He got the records from the hospital and basically said the need for the procedure wasn't overwhelming and she probably wouldn't have survived the surgery. She'd be in better shape if he could snap his fingers and magically make all the internal changes but that whole process of actually having to cut into her just wasn't worth the risk.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes. She got out and went to see her cardiologist. He got the records from the hospital and basically said the need for the procedure wasn't overwhelming and she probably wouldn't have survived the surgery. She'd be in better shape if he could snap his fingers and magically make all the internal changes but that whole process of actually having to cut into her just wasn't worth the risk.
    So these other doctors, were not her doctors?

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    QFT.

Reminds me of our 2nd child being born around 30 years ago in a Plano hospital. They were completely short of staff and this was a nightmare experience compared to our 1st child born there 2 years earlier. After the c-section, the nurse asked if I had a strong stomach cause she was alone and needed help rolling my wife as part of the afterwards cleanup. Nurses never came to her room and we had a hard time seeing our baby since they were short on staff. So I went to the nurses station and told them we're checking out in 1 hour, get everything ready. They said I couldn't without a doctor's approval and my response - how are you going to stop me? They got everything done in an hour and we went home.

Top Bottom