• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    Howdy, folks!

I have sorely missed the Sportsmen's Warehouse stores since they closed up shop here in San Antonio. I bought virtually all of my powder, primers and other supplies there. But, alas. They are long gone...

I'll be visiting over in the Houston (actually Missouri City) area next weekend. So let me ask you good folks who live over that way where you'd consider the best place to buy reloading supplies in that area? Thanks a bunch!

Amistad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    You have a Carters Country on Hwy-59 that should have everything you need. If you want to take the short drive down the beltway south, you can get to the Bass Pro Shops in Pearland, they have some there also.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I was going to recommend Bass Pro also, but I guess there is one in SA too.

On a side note, I miss Sportsman's Warehouse also. They lost their bank funding when the economy hit the skids, and didn't have time to line a new one up. There are still some locations up north that were bought by a company in Canada, and from what I hear, they are just as good as they ever were. All of our locations down south got the axe. Hopefully they will return someday, but don't hold your breath.

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    Thanks for the replies, gents. Yes, we have a Bass Pro Shop store here in San Antonio. However, the prices of reloading components there are the highest that I've seen in my area. I'll take a look next weekend at one or two of those places that you've suggested.

Amistad

rio grande

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    10-ring is good for reloading supplies. They have most everything Carters has, and lots of items that Carter's doesn't, such as Lee bullet molds.
    The girl behind the counter is sweet.
    I don't buy from Carters unless I have to. Ol' Bill doesn't care for sales at gun shows...and he has plenty of $ to enjoy his retirement at the Senorita Ranch or whatever its called. His homey sayings in the newspaper really choke me up - makes me want to cry.
    ""Gun shows need to be more supervised by the BATF." -Bill Carter Dealer Group Forms To Control Destiny - Brief Article | Shooting Industry | Find Articles at BNET
    Bill has been very anti-gun show. Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand he supported legislation calling for mandated background checks at gun shows.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    ...I don't buy from Carters unless I have to......

+1. Unfortunately, sometimes they're the only ones who have much reloading stuff. Gun Emporium in Conroe generally has powder, but rarely a selection of primers and very few bullets. (I've given up trying to figure that out.) I generally buy powder and primers locally and then get the bullets on-line from Grafs or Midway.

I guess I need to make a trip to 10-Ring.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks rio grande,

I did not know about that. Now I they will never get my business at any of their stores, or their range. They have always been high, but convenient. Now I will make an extra effort to support their competitors.

giretired00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2015
    Stopped by 10 Ring today and they are awesome! Anything you could need was in the shop and the service is top notch! Highly recommend them as your reloading needs arise.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I was told there is a store on the north side of Cypress-North Houston just before it hits 290 from the east. They are on the back side, not visible from the street, if I understood my buddy correctly. I will try to get by there since I'm also looking for a new warehouse.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Not sure if this is what you're thinking about, but Lohman Arms is off W. Little York just east of the 290/BW8 interchange.

lohmanarms.com
    No he's talking about the industrial lease spaces across from cyfair high school.

There's a gun shop facing the street, but I don't know of anyone not facing the street that sells reloading components.

kenpoace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    there is a place in conroe area. San jacinto shooting supply They just sells reloading powder, bullets, primers. Be prepared to stay for a while cuz the owner loves to talk

Top Bottom