• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    It's finally happening. My wife and I have sold our house in Massachusetts and just had an offer accepted for a house in Hutto.

She's retired and I'm mostly retired, but still do some consulting work.

As we get settled in I'll be looking for information on guns shops, ranges, LTC classes in the greater Austin area. I've owned guns since the mid 1970s, so I'm not new to shooting.

Even though a LTC is no longer required in TX, I think that there are advantages to having one. The biggest is probably the reciprocity with other states such as SC where my son lives with his family.

If anyone cares I'm a NRA Life Member, as well as a member of a couple of MA pro 2A organizations and Firearms Policy Center.
    Target Sports

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Thank you. I've been a very inactive member since 2016 when we first started planning the move. As often happens life got in the way of plans and so it was just this year we were able to start the process.

We're both ready to be "from" MA and live in Texas. We've visited Texas several times since the 1980s. I won't go into a lot of family history, but her sister has lived in the Austin area since 1982 or so. So, we have nieces and nephews who have lived here almost all of their lives. Our daughter moved to Austin in 2014.

I've spoken at the Texas EMS Conference for several years, but won't be doing that this year.

I've seen more of Texas than has my wife, but there's still a lot of Texas to see. As my wife said earlier, her car will look beautiful with a TX license plate. Or do we have to call them "tags" now?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    beer, guns and hot sauce.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Belize & NE, places I've wanted to go since I was a kid. Maybe I'll achieve one before I'm room temp.

Formerly proud NRA member. Patron level but would start from 0 given the chance to kick Wayne in the nadz.

Welcome, Gary.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Gary, welcome to Texas. Texas isn't just a state it's also a state of mind with tremendous pride and we had to fight for our independence from Mexico. In time you will understand that and hopefully embrace it. Texans are pretty wary of outsiders from certain states coming here trying to change us but I don't think Massachusetts is on that list. Again, welcome to our Texas and the forum.

Top Bottom