Cabelas Grand Opening ( El Paso, TX)

Ozzman

Aug 17, 2015
El Paso, Texas
Hello Gents,

Did anyone make it out to the grand opening of Cabelas in West El Paso yesterday?
The official grand opening is September 14th, but with a ticket you were allowed access yesterday, and allowed to buy at employee pricing from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Anyone else check them out, and what did you pick up?

diesel1959

por vida
Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2013
Houston & BFE
If freaking El Paso can have a Cabela's, why in THE Sam Hill can't Houston have one? And yes, I'm familiar that there's one way down I-45 in League City, but that ain't even close to by-God Houston. Do the Cabela's folks not think Houston dollars are any good?

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
If freaking El Paso can have a Cabela's, why in THE Sam Hill can't Houston have one? And yes, I'm familiar that there's one way down I-45 in League City, but that ain't even close to by-God Houston. Do the Cabela's folks not think Houston dollars are any good?
Get in line

Mikewood

Well-Known
Jan 8, 2011
Houston
Lol, people complaining about driving 30 miles to League city to pay more for the same thing that you can get at the academy sports down the street? You realize that Houston is about 60 miles in diameter? What's another 30 miles? If I want to see stuffed deer heads on the wall while shopping for over priced Chinese sporting goods I will go to Bass Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diesel1959

por vida
Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2013
Houston & BFE
Lol, people complaining about driving 30 miles to League city to pay more for the same thing that you can get at the academy sports down the street? You realize that Houston is about 60 miles in diameter? What's another 30 miles? If I want to see stuffed deer heads on the wall while shopping for over priced Chinese sporting goods I will go to Bass Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm as far from League City as you can be and still be in Houston. On the west and northwest side, we're a lot more conservative than the folks inside-the-loop (for whom it might only be 25 miles to League City). I'm not driving over 50 miles to visit a store, but furthermore, I have no reason whatsoever to go to League City. Hell, I won't even go to Galveston without a damn good reason. I pretty much have no reason to go to Galveston County.

diesel1959

por vida
Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2013
Houston & BFE
It was a joke.
I happen to enjoy the Cabela's Gun Library. I've bought at least four firearms through them from various Cabela's locations (via online ads). Sometimes they get their hands on unicorns. I'd love to have one nearby to "gander" at now and again . . .

(no joke.)

What I'd REALLY like is to be a whole lot closer to Brownell's . . . (yeah, I was raised in Iowa.)

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members