Calif. woman slain on the phone with 911

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by slim jim, Mar 20, 2008.

1. slim jim

slim jim Official News Guy

Mar 18, 2008
    How could this happen in calif. they have all those gun laws? :mad:

Calif. woman slain on the phone with 911
    41 minutes ago

A woman was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence. She was shot to death.
    The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home in upscale West Covina, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said. "Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.
    Deputies arrived at the house, 20 miles east of Los Angeles, a few minutes after Wednesday's late morning call.
    The woman, whose name was not released by police, had been shot several times. Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene.
    "At this point we believe it was a burglary gone awry," Rosenberg said.
    Investigators are trying to determine if anything was taken, Deputy Luis Castro said.
    While police were investigating the shooting, a man arrived at the home asking about his wife.
    When he heard that the woman had been shot and killed, he collapsed and started to cry, saying "No! She just called me. You lie."
    The man was placed in a patrol car and taken to a sheriff's station, police said.
    Witnesses said they saw one or more men running from the house, Rosenberg said.
    Investigators used bloodhounds to conduct yard-to-yard searches.
    No arrests had been made by Thursday morning, deputies said.
    As a precaution during the search, a high school and an elementary school were locked down for about two hours, police Lt. Dan Brooks said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080320/ap_on_re_us/911_killing;_ylt=An3283oCG.Mo_k77rJKpcj2s0NUE

2. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    This kinda stuff just makes me sick. :mad:

3. Longtooths

Longtooths Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas

Agreed, very sad.

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Shame... the greater tragedy is this is what the anti-gun left wants more of.

5. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

I don't personally think that's true. Honestly, I think a majority of anti-gun people simply want the same basic things as we do, meaning they want to feel safe, reduce/eliminate crime, etc. Those are positive things to want, however unfortunately they have been so emotionally blinded to the facts that they are going about it in completely the wrong way.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Not necessarily the exact event and result, but they want people to rely on the police to protect them. It wouldn't have mattered if this guy had a gun or a knife.

7. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Sad,My wife would have shot a intruder,then call for the police.

8. SO758

SO758 Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    So much for self preservation!