• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Lets get the party started and secure our state borders.

Prison Planet.com » California Announces Semi-auto Confiscation Plan

Kurt Nimmo
    PrisonPlanet.com
    February 8, 2013

California lawmakers are proposing an anti-Second Amendment law that will rival the one recently passed in New York. Democrats in control the state Legislature unveiled ten proposals they boasted will make California the most restrictive state in the nation for possessing legally purchased firearms.

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, and police officials from around the state rolled out the anti-Second Amendment effort on Thursday during a news conference in Sacramento, the state capital.
    “California has always been a leader on the issue of gun safety,” Villaraigosa said. “New York has stepped up and stepped forward. California needs to answer the call.”
    The new law would outlaw all semiautomatic weapons in the state and force gun owners to load bullets one at a time. CBS News reports that authorities also want to make prohibitions apply to current gun owners, thus resulting in confiscation.
    California senator Dianne Feinstein has made apparent on numerous occasions the ultimate plan is to confiscate all firearms. In 1995, she told CBS’ 60 Minutes that she has worked to have “Mr. and Mrs. America” turn in their guns to the government.
    “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it,” New York governor Andrew Cuomo stated prior to the passage of a historically restrictive gun law in the state.
    In addition, California will impose new rules on ammunition sales. Ammo buyers will be required to pay a fee and undergo a background check by the state Department of Justice every time bullets are sold, thus recording all ammunition sales and purchaser information with the state.
    In addition to a mandatory state-wide gun registration, the law would make the sale and current possession of magazines holding more than ten bullets illegal.
    So-called “bullet buttons” and certain shotguns will also become illegal if the legislation is enacted.
    Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg said he is confident Democrats will leverage majorities in the Assembly and Senate and send the draconian measures to the state’s Democratic governor, Jerry Brown.
    “It strikes me as if these folks are playing some sort of game of one-upsmanship with New York at the expense of law-abiding citizens, and that’s just unconscionable,” Sam Paredes, executive director of Gun Owners of California, told CBS News.
    Republicans stated the obvious. “The laws they are (proposing) would have made no difference in the Connecticut shooting whatsoever,” Sen. Dan Logue said.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Wow, let em do it. It'll be a great showcase for leftist economic theories that are already flopping like a fish out of water and if this passes, it'll show how strict gun laws do nothing and often make things worse. I find it ironic that anti's claim lax gun laws make areas look like the "wild west" (which wasnt all that wild in reality) which is false. With economic collapse and strict gun laws, Cali will literally look like Escape from LA or Mad Max.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wow, let em do it. It'll be a great showcase for leftist economic theories that are already flopping like a fish out of water and if this passes, it'll show how strict gun laws do nothing and often make things worse. I find it ironic that anti's claim lax gun laws make areas look like the "wild west" (which wasnt all that wild in reality) which is false. With economic collapse and strict gun laws, Cali will literally look like Escape from LA or Mad Max.

There are already plenty of examples and evidence of this. The lefties don't care and do not live in reality. When it fails they will claim they just haven't gone far enough and blame their crime problems on surrounding states(which happen to have lower crime rates).

These laws passing would eventually be bad for all of us.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    These laws are like cancer.

Only to the states with weak immune systems. California is already broke beyond belief. If it weren't for the hollywood folk living there we all know that state would have already turned into another Michigan. But crap like that is going to strain their economy even more when people start leaving by the masses. And at some point even Hollywood won't be able to save them. I say let em do it. And encourage all pro-constitutionalists move away to other states. At least then we can be somewhat confident that the people coming to the other states would not be a bunch of pot smoking hippie sloths that would just mooch off our state.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It makes me think these politicians are funded by crooks. Their confiscation efforts would likely use purchase r records to take them. That way they have a huge pile of guns to show everyone. Meanwhile the gangbangers still have theirs and reak havoc. I think its very possible they are exactly that crooked.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    California will equal Mexico with stupid gun laws, look at the murder rate in Mexico, so expect California's murder rate to rank along with theirs as well as Chicago's and Detroit's murder rates. Don't blame Cowboy & War movies, blame the people that blindly support and vote for the despots that rule that anything goes (behavior) but want to deny their citizens self protection. And.....Warning to libtards, don't move to Texas and try to change our laws to like California's, we are armed and will stay that way !

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    OK, I keep seeing the term thrown around, particularly in relation to California's ridiculous laws, but...what the wild flying heck is a "bullet button"?

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    These laws are like cancer.

This will be just like the smoking ban's in various states. First, the major cities pass bans. Then the bar and restaurant owners in the major cities complain cause it ain't fair that the out of town bars and restaurants don't play on an level playing field, so it goes to state level. Enough state's then complain that it ain't fair cause other states aren't playing on a level playing field, so the feds get involved. How may things do we have now, going country wide that started in California and New York? Think about it.

Just like Cancer.

Must be removed at the source.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    A bullet button is a modification to platforms such as the AR-15 that makes it harder to remove a detachable magazine. It is a workaround to keep certain weapon configurations from being considered illegal assault weapons.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    1 Dorner practically paralyzed LE in their major city. Now they want to turn thousands or tens of thousands into outlaws and send the newspaper delivery lady shooters after them ?Yeah that'll work out well. 10,000+ Dorners would probably shut down their entire state. And they would get open support from people in other states seeing how 1 day they were law abiding citizens and the next they instantly turned into criminals.

Last edited:

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    1 Dorner practically paralyzed LE in their major city. Now they want to turn thousands or tens of thousands into outlaws and send the newspaper delivery lady shooters after them ?Yeah that'll work out well. 10,000+ Dorners would probably shut down their entire state. And they would get open support from people in other states seeing how 1 day they were law abiding citizens and the next they instantly turned into criminals.

The number of people affected is gonna be closer to hundreds of thousands last I checked.

That said, if, by some cruel chance this shit does pass, I expect to see riots in the streets and a lot of people getting shot or killed.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    A bullet button is a modification to platforms such as the AR-15 that makes it harder to remove a detachable magazine. It is a workaround to keep certain weapon configurations from being considered illegal assault weapons.

Thanks, I had thought that was what it was, but the latest rhetoric makes it sound like some "evil" modification that makes changing magazines easier or something.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Thanks, I had thought that was what it was, but the latest rhetoric makes it sound like some "evil" modification that makes changing magazines easier or something.

Well, it kinda -is-, depending on how you look at things. IIRC, pre-bullet button, the magazine had to be physically welded to the gun.

Top Bottom