• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riqi007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The People's Republic of Kalifornia is just so broken. I moved to Texas 8 years ago, partly because of the Kalifornia attitude towards gun owners and hunting. I could not be happier in my new state!

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    I also made a wise choice in 1969 following discharge at Travis AFB. I fortunately chose to settle in West Texas rather than my home town of San Bernardino, CA. Have never had any regrets. Haven't had any reason to return to CA since 1978. You mean to tell me that Big Bear Lake isn't a lagoon of the Pacific Ocean yet ?

Can we expect to see the L.A. Chief Alcalde launching his gun confiscation plan by disarming all of his resident gang-bangers FIRST ???

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, it kinda -is-, depending on how you look at things. IIRC, pre-bullet button, the magazine had to be physically welded to the gun.

...Which in itself is idiotic. They appear to be a California-only thing, but lately the term is being thrown out in the usual stream-of-consciousness mishmash of scary terms the Left is using to muddy the issue and distort the facts. Frankly I'd never heard of one before this January.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Wall off the state, let out the good, sound of mind Americans, flood the state and cap it off. Wait a few months drain the water and reclaim the state. And to make it even more effective lets give all expense paid trips to all the like minded people around the nation.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    The People's Republic of Kalifornia is just so broken. I moved to Texas 8 years ago, partly because of the Kalifornia attitude towards gun owners and hunting. I could not be happier in my new state!

8 years and you're barely on post three?!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    ...Which in itself is idiotic. They appear to be a California-only thing, but lately the term is being thrown out in the usual stream-of-consciousness mishmash of scary terms the Left is using to muddy the issue and distort the facts. Frankly I'd never heard of one before this January.

It basically is a CA only thing, I lived there for awhile and holy crap was it confusing trying to stay legal and own firearms (stationed there, born and raised Texan). The bullet button replaces the magazine release on your AR though there are variants for AK's and other guns, basically it can't be pushed in like a standard release except for a small hole in the middle which required the use of a tool or the tip of a round (hence the name bullet button) and it fits with the law of having a fixed magazine since a tool is needed which is why you always hear about gun manufacturers come out with ways to "skirt" the laws but never really understand since they didn't affect you. When I got out we stopped in AZ to visit a buddy and the BB's came off right there then we went out to the desert to shoot. I am/was a member of a forum called Calguns.net which is their TGT and instead of tossing them I posted up that I had two bullet buttons to give away and sent them off to members there as there's a lot of good people in CA that are very adamant about 2A rights but are unfortunately the minority. I bet this story is 100 pages long already on that forum.

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Here's some visual references stupid I know but think of it this way if you were in that situation wouldn't you pay the $15 for a non permanent part vice a magazine welded to your receiver.

rutatena.jpg

ezu7y4e3.jpg

ymy7eqyh.jpg

And some AK variants

ezygyry3.jpg

pydyhu3u.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've lived a gypsy life and never settled down anywhere.....until I got to Texas. I was born in Chicago, flushed that place like a turd down the toilet at 17 and only returned for one brief visit. I didn't move with my family.....they stayed there and I left.

I don't understand why people put up with places like Chicago, New York and the whole state of California. I didn't put up with their crap and will never understand those who do.

Flash

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I grew up in Ohio and it was not all that bad, but from what I understand they are starting to get more and more liberal (the last election is proving that more). I moved to Illinois (Urbana area) for a job and was there a little over 2 years. Funnily enough that's where I made my first gun purchase when I got my USP. I had to fill out all sorts of paperwork, get a passport type photo and I think finger print and send in to get my FOID card (Firearms ID card). I found out after moving there that I wasn't even allowed to hold a gun in a sporting good store if I didn't have my FOID card with me. How ridiculous is that? Then the guy I bought the USP from was a co-worker, and we did all the paperwork stuff and then he had to wait 72 hours before actually giving me the gun. He was a by the book kinda guy (which is fine) so he did that. But how ridiculous is that? I understand the theory behind it. No one can go out angry and buy a gun and go kill someone. But at the same time, someone that filled with rage will either find a way to get a gun immediately, or kill the person by another means.

Illinois, Kalifornia, New York? They, along with DC and other areas with the tightest gun laws have the highest violent crime rates in America. Wonder why that it is. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with those smart laws they put in place could it? *sigh* oh well, glad I don't live in those places.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I lived in Chicago when the FOID regulations were passed and received one of the first FOID cards ever issued. Seeing the handwriting on the wall, I soon loaded everything I had in my old car, put a map on the kitchen table, closed my eyes and put my finger down on Tulsa, Oklahoma. ANY PLACE was better than Chicago and that was the start of my Gypsy life!

Flash

Jk4778

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    These liberals have a blatent disregard for our constitution which was written by the FOUNDERS!! Of our country. The ones who established a clear and reasonable freedom. So in my book trying to abolish any of those freedoms as written in our most important document in history, the constitution of the United States of America, should be considered treason. I believe that the declaration of independence states that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That when ever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right, of the people to abolish or alter it, and to institute new government

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    OK, I keep seeing the term thrown around, particularly in relation to California's ridiculous laws, but...what the wild flying heck is a "bullet button"?

It's a replacement for the magazine release on a rifle that makes it so you need a tool (like a bullet tip, hence the name) to push and release the magazine. CA law bans certain configurations with a detachable magazine. I always thought it was stupid to go the Bullet Button (it's actually a brand name) route because it limited you to ten round magazines that couldn't be changed easily. Fine for toys, but not for tools. My AK was originally a "featureless" gun - no pistol grip (MonsterMan Grip instead - Google it) and nothing else that would put it into "assault weapon" status. I got to use 30 round magazines that way, too.

Top Bottom