• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    It's a replacement for the magazine release on a rifle that makes it so you need a tool (like a bullet tip, hence the name) to push and release the magazine. CA law bans certain configurations with a detachable magazine. I always thought it was stupid to go the Bullet Button (it's actually a brand name) route because it limited you to ten round magazines that couldn't be changed easily. Fine for toys, but not for tools. My AK was originally a "featureless" gun - no pistol grip (MonsterMan Grip instead - Google it) and nothing else that would put it into "assault weapon" status. I got to use 30 round magazines that way, too.

That's all good if you had "grandfathered high capacity mags" but for those of us that didn't live there when the ban took place we had to do what we had to do. Not bashing in the slightest, I seriously debated going the monster man grip but knew I was gonna be leaving the state and wasn't planning on keeping it that way.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    I had a bullet button on my AR when I was in the PRK. Promptly removed it after moving to TX and gave it to a Calgunner in L.A.

I had a slew of ten rounders that I traded to a fellow in UT who was moving to CA for his standard mags. I had some standard cap (30) rounders that were pre ban, Bought 20 more when I moved to TX, and traded for 8 more standard caps.

I keep wanting to post here as I just recently moved from the PRK. But I'm really at a loss. I don't know WHAT to think about people there. I DO know that even Calguns seem to be a little scared of the lib's there. I do NOT believe they have the balls to take back their state. They will just keep being whittled away at until there are no rights left. I have a friend who lives there, he's originally from AR. He recently purchased an AR as I told him he should do, he also has started stocking food/water. He's planning on moving back to AR this spring. I just hope he gets his family out before the PRK decides to close it's borders and not let any more tax revenue leave. Yes, it's definately unconstitutional, but as the PRK doesn't follow that document anyways, I wouldn't put it past them to try. :( Maybe it will take that to wake up the sheeple there.

I dunno' (ShRuG!)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom