• ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Cammed 4.6L 2v

Never did I think that any cams and exhaust could make a 2v 4.6L crown vic engine sound like this :ohnoes:
    drool2.gif

That's not my car. Those aren't the cams I will be getting either. Just wanted to share the vid.

Oh yeah, i'm going to swap the cams on my 2v for some MHS Bullet "Stage 2's". Auto Adrenaline performance will be doing the tune. Way to go, modding bug. It bit me again. I foresee more speeding tickets in my future

I had some HiTech stage 2's a while back, never installed them, just sold them for supercharger parts, then lost interest in cars halfway and started to obsess over guns. Glad I sold the HiTech's... alot of people reported PTV clearance issues where their valves and pistons were getting knicked... That's an expensive issue. Nick at Modular Head Shop knows what he's doing, so i trust his product.
    Capitol Armory ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I'm seriously thinking about ditching my blower set up and just going heads an cams.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpg
      IMG_0572.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 137
    • IMG_0523.jpg
      IMG_0523.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 148

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Nice!!! Is that a P1SC or a D1SC? What do you not like about it? I'd kill for a procharger back when I was still looking to supercharge. No need to tap the oil pan with one of those is a big turn on.

How much rwhp/tq are you making? And how much lbs of boost are you running? That's an intercooled setup, right?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    It's a p1sc running 10.5 lbs of boost puts down about 450hp. Between the procharger aeromotive fuel system and stage 2 clutch it takes to much of the drivability away to the point that its not evan enjoyable to drive, It is pretty fun pulling up to the fbody fan boys with that supercharger whining under the hood though. What i really want is just a cruiser that looks and sounds good.

yea its got the three core race intercooler which doesn't fit between the bumper supports by the way.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What's surprising about that? All the old pushrod engines were 2V, and look at some of them sound. Hell, they only had one cam for the whole engine. :p

The old 5.0 roller cam engine they used to put in Mustangs was and is one of the meanest sounding stock engines after an exhaust swap. Throw a cam into the mix and you've got something that usually sounds pure evil.

Reality check: Those cams required some tuning. No way stock PCM tuning runs those nasty things.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    It's a p1sc running 10.5 lbs of boost puts down about 450hp. Between the procharger aeromotive fuel system and stage 2 clutch it takes to much of the drivability away to the point that its not evan enjoyable to drive, It is pretty fun pulling up to the fbody fan boys with that supercharger whining under the hood though. What i really want is just a cruiser that looks and sounds good.

yea its got the three core race intercooler which doesn't fit between the bumper supports by the way.

What did you do for internals to support it?

What's surprising about that? All the old pushrod engines were 2V, and look at some of them sound. Hell, they only had one cam for the whole engine. :p

The old 5.0 roller cam engine they used to put in Mustangs was and is one of the meanest sounding stock engines after an exhaust swap. Throw a cam into the mix and you've got something that usually sounds pure evil.

Reality check: Those cams required some tuning. No way stock PCM tuning runs those nasty things.

Yep, but modular 2v's with their 2 cams just seem to sound slightly different to me haha. But yeah, that things gotta be tuned. I remember going to a stang performance shop a while ago, and my friend who owned the place started up the car before tuning it, and let it run for a few minutes... man did that thing lope hard. It was a 2v, but with much more other things, like aftermarket heads and such.

I want my cams to lope, but I haven't really made a FINAL decision just yet on what to get.

Man, I've always wanted a 5.0 notch though.

18614082-729-1988-Mustang-LX-notchback-870s.jpg

notchback2.jpg

209338112-L.jpg

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Sure are. Interesting fact everything manely produces is made in china. Ok I'm going to bed before i get the urge to fire that thing up an piss my neighbors off.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Gross.

But I love the new 2011 5.0's.

Look what they can do with their 4 cams and TiCV capabilities.

With a simple tune, they can get the sound of a lopey cam, with stock cams....

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Bought some Comp xe270ah cams, retainers, and valvesprings. Here's another car with these cams...

Note that this car has an o/r H, I have an O/R X, so my car might sound a tad bit different.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    What fast sounds like.

You're comparing a pushrod BBC motor with an F3 procharger to a bolt on SOHC 2v 281ci 4.6L mustang?

My dad has a 444ci V8 with a single garret turbo that pushes 525 lb/ft of tq....

But it's a diesel stock 7.3L powerstroke, which is why the numbers seemed low haha. It's going to me after he retires it. Only around 150K-175K miles too....

Top Bottom