• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If the goal were to increase CHL numbers they should just change the name "CHL" to "Official Badass License for Badass Badasses Who Aren't Retards." That way everybody would want one. :p

TXR is right about there being increased CHL numbers but that's NOT the ultimate goal. It's about greater safety and freedom. Or in other words, doing the right thing.

If you don't think students with CHLs aren't preachy loudmouths who are skilled at converting ignorant liberals, well, you never met this student! I've actually converted Professors! And I ain't alone!

Safety and freedom is one thing, it creating more CHL's is anohter, and that was his point which I don't agree with as far as it being significant enough to make any legislative difference at all. It's already only about .02% of the populace of Texas. We'd need several million new CHL's to just have more CHL's then convince them all to support OPEN carry, which is what he was tiring it too. And with several million more, we'll then be i the single digit % range.

Back to the real topic of getting Campus Carry passed. Contact your Senators.....although I bet most are like mine, hammered in the last hours of business...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Whether 1 or 20, I'd rather have even a small voice in OUR favor. I NEVER view ANY vote on "my" side in a fight to be unworthy. When I'm out for change, I'm going to attempt to take every possible path to gain my ultimate goal.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Back to the real topic of getting Campus Carry passed. Contact your Senators.....although I bet most are like mine, hammered in the last hours of business...

I wrote Kirk Watson a note. Somehow, I think that's about as effective as trying to pee up a rope. I've got my fingers crossed that they at least pass lifting the restriction on storage in vehicles. Unfortunately, I do believe that the labor code allows educational institutions to bar them from the parking lot, as well. So, for me, I don't anticipate anything changing.

Top Bottom