• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    To support Skip, the penal code in section 42 (disorderly conduct) makes it unlawful to display a firearm (and other weapons) in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm. I would imagine that, depending on where you do it, you would gather the attention of the police.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I cant find it right now, but they just arrested a e-6 at fort hood for doing just that,
    You may beat the rap, but the ride may be a bitch!!!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Expect to be questioned. Don't argue with the cops. Pretty sure that's what landed the E-6 in hot water.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Moat likely you'll get the shit kicked out of you by the police ad you'll lose your toys.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Moat likely you'll get the shit kicked out of you by the police ad you'll lose your toys.

Doubtful.

Point out which law he would be violating to cause him to "lose his toys" and what cause the police would have to kick the shit out of him.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What the hell?

We got a law that clearly states that we can open carry long guns in public. There's not even any debate over that. So why are some acting like a person would be taxed, beaten, and locked up.

The re net story involved a guy who (supposedly) argued when they asked him to put the gun down and talk to them then resisted arrest.

If cops ask you to put your firearm down and you say no it's gonna get ugly no matter what.

Somebody may call or a passing cop may have some questions. Be cooperative, be smart, answer their questions, and go on with your day.

I can't believe how scared some are to legally carry a firearm and how willing they are to hand over their rights without a fight. ESP one that's not even in question.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Ease up there............it's bad for your health. Nobody's handed over any rights, etc., folks are just commenting about the news reports regarding people being approached (and sometimes harassed, etc.).

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What the hell?

We got a law that clearly states that we can open carry long guns in public. There's not even any debate over that. So why are some acting like a person would be taxed, beaten, and locked up.

The re net story involved a guy who (supposedly) argued when they asked him to put the gun down and talk to them then resisted arrest.

If cops ask you to put your firearm down and you say no it's gonna get ugly no matter what.

Somebody may call or a passing cop may have some questions. Be cooperative, be smart, answer their questions, and go on with your day.

I can't believe how scared some are to legally carry a firearm and how willing they are to hand over their rights without a fight. ESP one that's not even in question.

Cops way overreacted when I did it, and I wasn't even inside city limits.

Also, they need a REASON to detain you and make you put your gun down, and even MORE of a reason to arrest you.

"There's a guy walking with a rifle" is not enough reason for either.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    What the hell?

police_brutality.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cops way overreacted when I did it, and I wasn't even inside city limits.

Also, they need a REASON to detain you and make you put your gun down, and even MORE of a reason to arrest you.

"There's a guy walking with a rifle" is not enough reason for either.

I agree with you, but I would put my gun down and talk with them if requested simply to avoid the ride.

Sadly, we have gotten to the point that they will question a law abiding citizen for doing something legal. I will take the route of answering questions and being back on my way because I don't have the financial means to fight whatever charge they may trump up for me arguing with them.

And you never know when you might come across a trigger happy rookie.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I agree with you, but I would put my gun down and talk with them if requested simply to avoid the ride.

Sadly, we have gotten to the point that they will question a law abiding citizen for doing something legal. I will take the route of answering questions and being back on my way because I don't have the financial means to fight whatever charge they may trump up for me arguing with them.

And you never know when you might come across a trigger happy rookie.

All the reasons listed, including the last one, are why I just ducked into the dark woods when I saw the lights coming.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What the hell?

We got a law that clearly states that we can open carry long guns in public.
    Actually, there is no law that says that. There IS a law that makes it unlawful to display a firearm in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm. That "calculated to alarm" is open for interpretation by a LEO.

Top Bottom