• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    I might know where to get a whole 30# jug of the stuff. It really needs a good home.

I saved it from my business for retirement then waited too long. Noone needs the stuff no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I just bid on 3 cans of freeze 12. Hopefully I win. Tango5seven, that shit is selling for a pretty penny on ebay. Check it out for yourself. You can make a few coins if ya wanted.

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    I want.... Just worried the EPA might object if I advertise too loudly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas

Might wanna check up on that. Hopefully they grandfathered in private owners, and figure once it's gone, it's gone. I went to 0 reillys today, and they want $60 a small can or R12, if You are able to buy it.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

Just state that the purchaser must show their EPA. Last I heard, a 30lb virgin jug is worth close to a $1000 to the right folks.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I am looking for about 3 cans of r12. Can anyone in or around San Antonio still buy this stuff? If not, does anyone have a can tapper for r12, that I can borrow? I hate to convert to r134a, but will if I can do it on my own. I was told the r12 would need to be sucked out at a shop. Any truth to this? What if i just let it all leak out? I thought this stuff was heavier than air, so I cannot understand how it could harm the ozone. I can buy feeeze 12 on ebay for pretty cheap, but I don't wanna buy a can tapper. So if someone has one that I can borrow, I will go that route. Thanks in advance for any info.

Ok, so I didn't read the whole thread...

Legally, you can't just vent it. Legally. If you do convert to 134, you'll need to change the oil in the system to a PAG oil, because apparently the old stuff isn't compatible with 134. You'll also want to refill the refrigerant to about 80% of the R12 capacity.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Some '94 Jeeps are also forward compatible to R134a. Pop the hood and check your AC lines. If your access ports are screw-on type, then it's R12 only. If you have the quick-connect type, then it's R134a compatible.

If it has the quick-connect service ports, it's not "forward-compatible", it is R134A. 94 was the year the industry went 134.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    If it has the quick-connect service ports, it's not "forward-compatible", it is R134A. 94 was the year the industry went 134.

Thats what I read, but the compressor clearly states R12. I bought it used. Maybe someone put an older compressor in it before I bought it?

Edit: I have screw on ports. My jeep is definatly a 94.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Mopar stuck with R-12 a year or two after everybody else had converted.
    I've converted several systems to R-134a, and sold hundreds of conversion kits. If the system is in good condition (good compressor, no leaks) then R-134a and synthetic oil ought to work fine. BTDT, YMMV.

Eli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yea, I've observed "atmospheric recovery" a time or two. Never participated of course.

We use to spray it a cup and freeze june bugs with R12 when it was a $1 a pound. And water doesn't freeze in the stock pond when you shoot a floating can. The can just spins around.

Global warming is my fault. My bad. Or was it DuPonts patent running out on R12? I forget.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    We use to spray it a cup and freeze june bugs with R12 when it was a $1 a pound. And water doesn't freeze in the stock pond when you shoot a floating can. The can just spins around.

Global warming is my fault. My bad. Or was it DuPonts patent running out on R12? I forget.

Patents expiring, FTW.
    I remember when R11 was phased out. R123 was going to save world. Only, if you breathed it, you better have a wheel barrow for your nuts.
    Now R22 is done, but they didn't change the schraeder valves on a home system. How long until someone puts a set of R22 gauges on a R410a system??

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Top Bottom