• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wegriffin8642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Houston
    Back to the original question---Black Panthers are allowed to do so---saw it on TV a few years ago during one of their protests. However, White, Asian, or Mexican folks might be harassed...
    Capitol Armory ad

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Ok, forgive me as I know that this has been beaten up a bit.... but are we really having this conversation over a CASED rifle?? In Texas?? The anti's really have some of us backpedaling it seems.. :(

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Haha I thought the same thing when I first read this thread. A few days ago I met a guy in a Kroger parking lot at 10pm to sell a rifle. Cop rolled right by us while we had the rifle out. He parked at the far end and watched us for 2min, then left and went about his business.

For all anyone knows, it could be a BBQ set or airsoft rifle or empty in that case.

janikphoto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Dallas
    Ok, forgive me as I know that this has been beaten up a bit.... but are we really having this conversation over a CASED rifle?? In Texas?? The anti's really have some of us backpedaling it seems.. :(

You have to remember that Austin is the San Francisco of the state. I would think twice about doing some stuff in Austin that I do without second thought in Dallas!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    San Antonio does have an ordinance that does not allow loaded long arms on city streets (§21-15 - Carrying loaded rifle or shotgun - It shall be unlawful for any person, other than duly authorized peace officers, to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun on any public street within the city or in a motor vehicle while the same is being operated on any public street within the city), although as many have mentioned the state's law on preemption (preventing local jurisdictions from imposing ordinances more restrictive than laws passed by the state legislature and, in some cases, rescinds local ordinances to ensure uniform firearm laws statewide) makes it pretty much un-enforceable.

Top Bottom