• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Example, a friend and I were outside a Starbucks, driinking coffee and had 2 AR lowers on the table, no ammo, no uppers. Someone called it in, 3 cruisers responded. Legal means nothing when a "man with a gun" is called in. Discretion is best. Good thing was the officer that approached us was knowledgeable, friendly and professional. After checking our IDs and we informed him we had CHLs and were armed, he just asked us to put the lowers in our vehicles.

Not surprising in Austin, which is where the OP is from as well; but your comment "Legal means nothing when a 'man with a gun' is called in" is spot on. No matter what, there will be a quick and severe response to any 911 call that has the word 'gun' in it!

The way I understand the law, you can carry a loaded long gun anywhere a CHL holder can carry concealed.

Unlike SA, I don't see anything that prohibits it in Austin ordinances...
    Hurley's Gold

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Example, a friend and I were outside a Starbucks, driinking coffee and had 2 AR lowers on the table, no ammo, no uppers. Someone called it in, 3 cruisers responded. Legal means nothing when a "man with a gun" is called in. Discretion is best. Good thing was the officer that approached us was knowledgeable, friendly and professional. After checking our IDs and we informed him we had CHLs and were armed, he just asked us to put the lowers in our vehicles.

lol @ scared coffee shop hipster libs ;)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    thinking i should tie it to the bike, but would it be unlawful to use the sling? i know the grey areas are kinda weird in the area of a motorcycle and there may be something that i'm misinterpreting. from what i understand, as long as i dont stop anywhere else, or get off the bike in anyway, i should be cool right?
    It's a rifle, not a handgun, and as such is subject to less restriction. You can stop if you like, remove the rifle and walk around, etc.

The way I understand the law, you can carry a loaded long gun anywhere a CHL holder can carry concealed.

Actually you can carry a long gun in more places than a CHL holder can carry a handgun, e.g. bars, professional sporting events, 30.06 locations, or inside correctional facilities (as long as you did not receive notice that an execution is planned for that day).

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, you can.

No, it's not the best idea. Having a rifle strapped to you is going to suck hard if you go down.

Anybody local you can catch a ride with? If you were in SA, I'd say "lets go shoot Mosins".

Top Bottom