• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    What you may want to consider and it may well generate donations from current members who are not currently donating members, is that you require a regular donation of $25 to be able to enter the for sale area to post in the for sale & WTB threads, entry into those threads would be a benefit of donating plain and simple - with no other way to get into those threads. Leave it simple like that - no donation / no admittance to the sale & WTB threads and thus no overabundance of ridiculous meaningless posts to reach number 25 for new members who want to sell. I would think that the regular $25 donation fee would be the way to go because it would eliminate lots of ridiculous threads, it would be kept simple and $25.00 for the privilege of posting in the for sale & WTB threads is not a large cash burden for someone seeking to to sell items or look for items for sale. More revenue for the site is my bet as the result; maybe there would be a few less postings of things for sale (by tightwads) but my guess is that most dedicated & serious members and all serious sellers or WTB folks would be willing to cough up the clams and it would benefit the site's coffers.

By the way, using this site is well worth a $25 annual donation. Now that I have written that, someone remind me if I am up to date as being a donating member. I just renewed on another forum, that one says donated member under my avatar, this one does not and I do not see a way to check on that myself. Thanks.

Edited to add: While I was sure I had donated recently, I guess not since I did not see the TGT Supporter banner under my avatar, so I just donated. I hope this thread https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/donations.44751/ showed the correct way to donate, to be considered a TGT supporter otherwise some guy named Alan LaFrance just got $25 richer.

The PayPal link in that thread seems to be broken. But, there should be a support the site link on the main page, which is what I've used before. I'm probably due to re-up my supporter status so I need to jump on the desktop. I've never seen the link to become a site supporter on tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The PayPal link in that thread seems to be broken. But, there should be a support the site link on the main page, which is what I've used before. I'm probably due to re-up my supporter status so I need to jump on the desktop. I've never seen the link to become a site supporter on tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken? Then I have to wonder why PayPal charged my account for the payment of $25.00 to Alan Lafrance, it sure seemed to work okay for that.

Will a moderator or administrator or please let me know, is Alan Lafrance the name of someone associated with TGT who collects donations or does it seem I got scammed? If I was scammed, maybe the thread at this link should be closed or removed: https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/donations.44751/. Also, if it was a scam, then removing that thread would assure that this following link, the one I used to doanate to TGT, would not be used by another member:

I'd be much happier though if a mod or admin would tell me my money got through to TGT as a donation but since someone believes the PayPal link to be broken and since I do not see TGT Supporter tab under my avatar after having made what I thought was a legitimate donation; well - I fear the worst and figure I got scammed.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'm not sure how you muck around the web yet can be so lost here.

Alan founded TGT and later sold it.

I suspect your money went to the right folks but no guarantee.

Go to the bottom right of any TGT page and you'll see this. Click the red stuff, homie.

1707278457416.png

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Broken? Then I have to wonder why PayPal charged my account for the payment of $25.00 to Alan Lafrance, it sure seemed to work okay for that.

Will a moderator or administrator or please let me know, is Alan Lafrance the name of someone associated with TGT who collects donations or does it seem I got scammed? If I was scammed, maybe the thread at this link should be closed or removed: https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/donations.44751/. Also, if it was a scam, then removing that thread would assure that this following link, the one I used to doanate to TGT, would not be used by another member:

I'd be much happier though if a mod or admin would tell me my money got through to TGT as a donation but since someone believes the PayPal link to be broken and since I do not see TGT Supporter tab under my avatar after having made what I thought was a legitimate donation; well - I fear the worst and figure I got scammed.
    No scam, that was a really old thread I had no idea was even there. Just go into PayPal do a chargeback on it, easy.

Also made you a site supporter for all the mess you are all set :)

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I'm not sure how you muck around the web yet can be so lost here.

Alan founded TGT and later sold it.

I suspect your money went to the right folks but no guarantee.

Go to the bottom right of any TGT page and you'll see this. Click the red stuff, homie.

View attachment 432505
    I am not sure what business this is of yours.I am sick and tired of they (meaning fo0lks like you) who believe themselves somehow superior on this forum and who barge into another member's business with personal attacks and that stands even if you are the owner. The truth of the matter was TGT had that thread listed and the link was 100% active as a manner in which to donate. That TGT had an additional newer way to donate does not mean the old way to donate was not still offered by TGT (as in fact it was since the thread was live and the link was live) when I donated. I imagine it was an oversight on behalf of the TGT staff but you do not hear me trying to belittle them.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    No scam, that was a really old thread I had no idea was even there. Just go into PayPal do a chargeback on it, easy.

Also made you a site supporter for all the mess you are all set :)
    Thanks. I will be making a donation in the current manner once I get things straightened out with Paypal. I'll have to MUCK ABOUT though to see how to do a chargeback, which if I understand correctly I have to do through my credit card company and not through payPal as per what I read on PayPal's site. No big deal, I ill get it done. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience for the site admins.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am not sure what business this is of yours.I am sick and tired of they (meaning fo0lks like you) who believe themselves somehow superior on this forum and who barge into another member's business with personal attacks and that stands even if you are the owner. The truth of the matter was TGT had that thread listed and the link was 100% active as a manner in which to donate. That TGT had an additional newer way to donate does not mean the old way to donate was not still offered by TGT (as in fact it was since the thread was live and the link was live) when I donated. I imagine it was an oversight on behalf of the TGT staff but you do not hear me trying to belittle them.
    Well, you did put your business on an open forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom