• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    A combination of number of posts made over a period of time would help.
    There's people who rarely ever post, but when they do, it's meaningful. I don't think it should be based on the number of posts, but instead, should be based on the membership duration. I would say it should be after 30 days, regardless of the number of posts.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I though I would sell some stuff and noted that in my welcome post. got alot of abuse from it. still haven't offered for sale anything though, on here anyway. Probably have enough posts by now. Haven't found anything worth buying either. keep wondering about the rule though, and the race to 25 folks that do. Agree old topics sometimes get re-validated. whatever.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve thought this over a few times and there’s no real good answer. One forum I’m on has a dumbass rule. Any thread over a year old requires acknowledging that fact before a revival post can he completed; it usually keeps zombie threads dead.

Another option is to more prominently advertise the site supporter fast pass. That actually puts money in the site-owner’s pocket.

A third option is to do what’s been done with the man cave; put it behind an iron curtain. New members can contact a mod for access. Probably creates more work for the mods, and may reduce site traffic and unique/new member growth which can impact ad revenue.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    A third option is to do what’s been done with the man cave; put it behind an iron curtain. New members can contact a mod for access. Probably creates more work for the mods, and may reduce site traffic and unique/new member growth which can impact ad revenue.
    That just makes the mods have to do more work for some asshat wanting to sell his prized custom stippled Glock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom