APOD Firearms

Can you / sgould get a flu shot while youre sick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Figured I'd bump this thread instead of making a new one based off the new revelations with the CDC whistleblower. If you haven't heard » And In The Background, New Iraq Deployments Continue Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! if you don't trust infowars for some stupid reason (even though they are more or less like Drudge...a news aggregator) watch the whistleblower's call to congress critters to investigate Whistleblower Thompson's Call to Congress - YouTube

Also to the effect of the post I quoted...this study does basically link to flu shots because they are specifically attributing these symptoms to the Thimerosal (aka mercury based preservative) which is also used in flu shots.

Here we go with the Thimerosal scare again... Have you not read the multitude of independent studies that have found absolutely no link between Thimerosal and Autism/Autism Spectrum Disorders? The CDC has had pharmaceutical companies phase out Thimerosal from vaccines starting in 1999. If Thimerosal is/was causing Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders then why are these disorders on the increase? These disorders may be cause by sometime else in the MMR vaccine, but it's not Thimerosal.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    So ed308 if Thimerosal is such a good thing then why did the CDC want to phase it out? Something else wrong with it?

Plenty of other things contributing to the alarming rise in these disorders. Lots of contributing factors that are hard to tie together due to the massive variables and complexities, no one thing is the main cause they are pieces in a vast puzzle. However you must identify and toss out a bad piece when you find it.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Where did I say Thimerosal is good? But since brought it up, yes it did reduce the potential for bacteria in vaccines. Thats why it was added to vaccines since the 1930s. If Thimerosal was the "bad piece" as you suggested, these disorders would be on the decline.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    As Acera points out Thimerosal is only one of many things possibly contributing to this. Just with the vaccines alone they also use aluminum as an adjuvant which is also a known neorotoxin just like mercury. In addition did you know that for a while now they stopped using chicken eggs to incubate the viruses in? They now use aborted fetus tissue to grow the vaccines. I have at least heard it theorized that what happens is that when the child's immune system mounts a response to the virus it see's the human DNA and this can possibly trick the immune system to mounting a response against the child's own body namely the nervous system causing brain damage.

Then outside of vaccines we are also exposed to all sorts of environmental toxins from the estrogen like compounds found in plastics (not saying this is directly linked to autism) to the heavy metals and other wonderful stuff that China puts in the hydrofluorosilicic acid they sell us to dump in our water supplies (as if the flouride itself isn't bad enough).

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    As Acera points out Thimerosal is only one of many things possibly contributing to this. Just with the vaccines alone they also use aluminum as an adjuvant which is also a known neorotoxin just like mercury. In addition did you know that for a while now they stopped using chicken eggs to incubate the viruses in? They now use aborted fetus tissue to grow the vaccines. I have at least heard it theorized that what happens is that when the child's immune system mounts a response to the virus it see's the human DNA and this can possibly trick the immune system to mounting a response against the child's own body namely the nervous system causing brain damage.

Then outside of vaccines we are also exposed to all sorts of environmental toxins from the estrogen like compounds found in plastics (not saying this is directly linked to autism) to the heavy metals and other wonderful stuff that China puts in the hydrofluorosilicic acid they sell us to dump in our water supplies (as if the flouride itself isn't bad enough).

rushthezeppelin was able to read more than one line before panic posting a defense, maybe ed you should try and read the entire post (I know even ADHD folks can get through 5 sentence posts.)

Yes, I believe a lot of the money making crap that has been introduced into our systems by both the big farm and big pharm industries contribute immensely to our current health problems, including autism, obesity, cancer, etc. It is simpleminded to think that only 1 item is wholly responsible, and removing it would make a enormous, or in some cases even a measurable change. However you must start any journey with a single first step.

Careful Zep, we don't want him starting to defend a toxic by product of the aluminum industry who did not want to pay for its disposal when they could sell it to municipal governments.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    rushthezeppelin was able to read more than one line before panic posting a defense, maybe ed you should try and read the entire post (I know even ADHD folks can get through 5 sentence posts.)

Proof of this is that I am in fact pretty damn ADHD. I'll admit thought that ADHD in fact works opposite of normal when talking about a topic I have extreme interest in. It generally causes me to go overboard and spend whole days in a row researching a topic.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Seriously, I need to read the entire post?

Go ahead and believe what you read on Infowars and whatever you care to believe when it comes to Big Pharm, Big Farm, Thimerosal and Autism. But the facts are clear when it come to Thimerosal and Autism. Most rational experts have moved on admitted they were wrong. Maybe if you looked at the facts, you could too.

Gentlemen, enjoy the thread. And yes, I plan to get my flu shot this year.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

Go ahead and believe what you read on Infowars and whatever you care to believe when it comes to Big Pharm, Big Farm, Thimerosal and Autism. But the facts are clear when it come to Thimerosal and Autism. Most rational experts have moved on admitted they were wrong. Maybe if you looked at the facts, you could too.

Why do people have such an aversion to researching concepts outside of mainstream understanding when throughout history these people who were considered rogues were often proved right decades down the line. It at least behooves you to have an open mind and not dismiss things outright.

Just trying to clarify, are you saying that there is in fact not a top level researcher at the CDC saying that he lied about study results? Go ahead take your flu shot this year (I certainly understand the underlying basic premise behind vaccines does have some merit), but I suggest you at least do something to chelate that mercury and aluminum out of your body. Remember mercury doesn't come out of your body under normal circumstances (at least normal diets today), it bio accumulates and at enough concentration will cause neurological dysfunction. This is basic biochemistry. Thankfully most of the time our body is remarkably good at healing itself when cleansed of nasty toxins that inhibit many bodily functions.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

Thalidomide was tested and approved, how did that work out for mothers and their babies???

My point about reading the entire 5 sentence post, was that you would have understood the position better, and probably not posted what you did. Obviously that is too much a chore. Go ahead listen to them, them that tell you how to think and what to do, just like a good sheep is supposed to.

BTW I don't read inforwars on a regular basis, do sometimes when I find a link to an interesting article. Funny how you liberals hate to see anyone counter their closed minded logic with a desire to broaden their personal knowledge base.

rushthezeppelin you are dead on in your point.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Why do people have such an aversion to researching concepts outside of mainstream understanding when throughout history these people who were considered rogues were often proved right decades down the line. It at least behooves you to have an open mind and not dismiss things outright.

Because people are lazy and afraid of admitting that the world is not what it seems, that there are really evil people out there who deceive us, psychologically manipulate us, condition us, and mean us harm.

A gun forum like this is usually a place where people go so far as to admit that most politicians want our guns and so forth. But don't you dare question doctors and the government health officials, they are angels. They never sterilized people, performed lobotomies, injected blacks with Syphilis or anything.

Just trying to clarify, are you saying that there is in fact not a top level researcher at the CDC saying that he lied about study results? Go ahead take your flu shot this year (I certainly understand the underlying basic premise behind vaccines does have some merit), but I suggest you at least do something to chelate that mercury and aluminum out of your body. Remember mercury doesn't come out of your body under normal circumstances (at least normal diets today), it bio accumulates and at enough concentration will cause neurological dysfunction. This is basic biochemistry. Thankfully most of the time our body is remarkably good at healing itself when cleansed of nasty toxins that inhibit many bodily functions.

lol. Dude quotes not a study, but some investigative journalistic hit piece directed at Dr. Wakefield, but ignores the story you mentioned about the CDC whistleblower who actually said they were covering up the link between the MMR vaccine and autism, mainly in male black children. Pure delusion and self-deception.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Because people are lazy and afraid of admitting that the world is not what it seems....

It's amazing how pervasive this is throughout many topics. For example I just today created a thread talking about an alternative to mainstream gravity centric cosmology. You should see some of the obviously smart people that will revert to ad hominem in the comments on the videos, especially ones that refute some of Einstein's and his followers' theories. The sad part is people get so wrapped up in what we think we know that they always refuse to believe there is alot we don't know about the universe. I guess this is just part of the human condition that we always have to feel as if we are masters of our world.

Top Bottom