Join TexasGunTalk

Canadian Gun Ban

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Texan-in-Training, May 1, 2020.

1. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Well-Known

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    In a sweeping act of tyranny, the Liberal Canadian Government has essentially banned every modern sporting rifle known.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/1500-gu...Wm18sVUGAJC4_6xbudpzzcNhhbAw1Hdrr67Jzg_ogCb7c

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Le...Orxw4naL07mQmx43RTft9Vyq7MVlQsMahZVgL3hWzPSjw

So much can be said about this, it will probably take days, but let me point out one glaring hypocrisy in the law:
    The law specifically states that the banned firearms have no "hunting value" as part of the stated reason for the ban, and then goes on to "exempt" Canadian "indigenous people" from the ban as they may be using them for hunting.
    So sorry for friends and all gun owners in Canada.

2. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Trudeau strikes again! :banghead:

And I actually had a Canadian tell me today that most Americans would love to have him as our president! :clown:

3. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Time to fight.

4. General Zod

General Zod TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    They won't. They've been raised to be subjects, not citizens. They see their rights as a gift from a benevolent, all-powerful government whose job it is to take care of its subjects. Fighting for their rights is alien to any Commonwealth resident.

5. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Sadly, that could also describe much of the US these days.

6. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Active Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    This is in response to the mass shooting in Nova Scotia. There was a tribute post for the RCMP officer who was killed. A few of the comments on that post stated that if you wanted to fire a gun for recreation, you had a mental illness.

7. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    jordanmills, satx78247 and Axxe55 like this.
  8. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Well-Known

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    They have two years before they have to comply... That's a lot of time for people to "stew".
    I think you'll see a lot of "non-compliance", just like in New Zealand.
    Canada is seriously split, culturally and politically, just like the US. The folks in the western provinces are basically conservative while the east and west coast cities, "the coastal elites", are die-hard liberals (with the normal exceptions due to jobs/family).
    You might even see a province like Alberta refuse to recognize it as a valid law.

MJMcKool and Axxe55 like this.
  9. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    Didn't see SKS. You know, I couldn't care less about the Canadians. The value of this is that it shows what the gun grabbers are up to everywhere. Beware USA, your government would like to do the same. Preaching to the choir on this site.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 Well-Known

Dec 15, 2019
    none.......
    Canada from what I understand has had pretty restrictive gun laws for many years now.

EZ-E likes this.