• Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    '03 Honda Si
    2.0L i-VTEC

Was low on oil but got it back up to normal, admittedly with wrong viscosity
    Now it will start but only runs for 5-15 seconds before shutting off
    Barely made it from no cell service in woods at gun club to hwy
    Batt low on phone to

Anyone wanna give me a tow? ;)

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Do you really need a tow? Where are you?

More info on the problem... Be very specific on what it does.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Be kind to it, there is no other way.....................

tpc_0003_0001_0_img0289.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    PM sent. Call me
    That is a damn generous offer Dredge, I really appreciate it! I couldn't ask (or expect) anyone to drive that far though. My local buddies are bow hunting, some of them in Oklahoma. He was actually the 1st one I called because I forgot he was going.

OK, a buck-sixty taxi ride (50mi) and an adult beverage in hand, I'm home.
    Acera: not there yet but may be depending on diagnosis/repair cost. Will orbitup get all butt hurt if I bring a nicer car than his to shoot up in Hicksville? ;)

The car was running perfectly normal today before I parked it at the range. Hours later I jump in to drive off, it started fine but seconds later began to sound like it was missing or not hitting all cylinders - studder running. It would literally run @ 5 seconds before turning off. There's roughly 1/8 tank of gas which is the same fuel I ran to Houston and back on yesterday with and no issues then.

I can turn a wrench (no, I am not a mechanic) but diagnosing things, I'm not so hot at that.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    The tow would have been a good advertisement for the "greenie" crowd.
    A honda getting awesome gas mileage as long as we didn't show the strap attached to the Ford SuperDuty w/ 7.3 liter diesel.
    (I couldn't resist....hehehe)
    Good to hear your home!

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    So we are not going to read the headline tomorrow, "Man with guns eaten by coyotes" ??

Srsly, sorry about the car, but glad you are ok.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Would it make you feel any better to hear that I have a car just like that broke down in front of my house? Niece's friend needs to move his junk. Come get it, take the parts you need, and sell the rest. I didn't see anything............

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Sorry gurr-frend, you ain't gettin' rid a me dat easy. But I wuz willy skerred - out in da woods, all alone with 'yotes hollerin' n pigs gruntin' ~ and da mosquitoes, eww wee!

OK, so no pigs but there was very little light because the moon was still low on the horizon and I was out in the woods.

You know, the real pisser is the 4H shotgun coach just happened to have oil with him and the couple that brought there 14ish yr old daughter out for lessons heard me telling the coach my problem and saw him giving me oil in a big ole tyrofoam cup, TWICE! I left the range before all of them (stubborn I was) but only made it about a mile to the corner. The couple with the daughter drove past me sitting at the FM intersection, drove left for a few hundred yards then turned right off the FM road to what had to be there home. They didn't even stop to offer help. Minutes later, a female that lived in the woods back towards the range turned off the FM and stopped to offer help.

Funny how people are.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Would it make you feel any better to hear that I have a car just like that broke down in front of my house? Niece's friend needs to move his junk. Come get it, take the parts you need, and sell the rest. I didn't see anything............
    Hmmm..... Wat dat address be? *thumbs up*

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    fuel pump?? if you let it sit for a few minutes, will it start and run for a bit then turn off again?
    I don't know what the problem is because I haven't tried to diagnose it yet.

Once it shut off, it would restart immediately. I did not have to let it sit between restarts attempts. Starter and battery combo were strong/normal.

or filter
    Shouldn't be. Always changed with oil and within recommended mileage specs.

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    oops meant fuel filter....i had a problem in an old integra, where my filter was clogged, that it would die on me, if i let it sit for about ten minutes it would gather enough i guess that the motor would run for a bit then shut right off again.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    How well does it run before it dies?
    hesitate, studder .... repeat

Not sure how to describe it but not well is the short answer. As mentioned above it hesitates and/or studders, like it's not completely cycling or missing a cylinder. Rough/jumpy acceleration, does that make sense?

Once it cuts off, it's off. I feathered the throttle after it 'died' and that made a SLIGHT difference but more along the lines of raw fuel being forced in and the combustion cycle not wanting to be stopped. Don't forget this is a manual transmission system.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom