• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    hesitate, studder .... repeat

Not sure how to describe it but not well is the short answer. As mentioned above it hesitates and/or studders, like it's not completely cycling or missing a cylinder. Rough/jumpy acceleration, does that make sense?

Once it cuts off, it's off. I feathered the throttle after it 'died' and that made a SLIGHT difference but more along the lines of raw fuel being forced in and the combustion cycle not wanting to be stopped. Don't forget this is a manual transmission system.

Check for an air boot or vacuum hose that fell off. Otherwise, could be a fuel problem, but I don't have a lot to go off.

If I could get my hands on it, that's a different story... :p
    Texas SOT

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    Could also be a vacuum problem where the gas cap needs to be replaced. Had a car that acted the same way. Only way it would run was the gas cap just slightly on otherwise pressure built up causing a fuel flow problem. traded the car in for another at a dealership.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The tow would have been a good advertisement for the "greenie" crowd.
    A honda getting awesome gas mileage as long as we didn't show the strap attached to the Ford SuperDuty w/ 7.3 liter diesel.
    (I couldn't resist....hehehe)
    Good to hear your home!
    Not exactly .... Lol

HondaSitowed210112.jpg

I raised the hood a few minutes ago but the problem still exists.
    Still kickin it in my robe so I haven't got serious yet but the fuel filter is not on the firewall like an online search described. That or it's a crazy Japanese design that I just don't easily recognize.
    Sure hope I don't get my hands dirty

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Your fuel filter will be in the fuel tank, attached directly to the pump. There's an access panel under the rear seat cushion.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Could also be a vacuum problem where the gas cap needs to be replaced. Had a car that acted the same way. Only way it would run was the gas cap just slightly on otherwise pressure built up causing a fuel flow problem. traded the car in for another at a dealership.
    That's a plugged vent valve or hose causing vacuum to build in the tank.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    The internet lied to me?

Thanks

The internet is full of chest puffers trying to give advice on things they know nothing about. In this case, it's probably some douche with a 95 Civic giving advice for a 03 Civic.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Should have had it towed right to Hicksville and dropped on the range.................

Too soon?

Justa lid bit ... Lol

I try the easy things 1st. I removed the gas cap (vacuum issue?) and tried to start it but it didn't even try to fire. Replaced cap and tried several more times but same result. I can hear the fuel pump cycling and for the 1st time since owning this car, I can smell raw fuel under the hood. Looked around bay and underneath for leaks but no sign of that.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Check for fuel pressure at the rail. There should be an access port. Gasoline evaporates fast so you won't really see a puddle unless it's actively leaking. Try turning the key to ON to let the fuel system prime, then run around to the front to see if you can find where it's leaking. Once the pump cuts off and the fuel pressure disippates, you'll need to repeat the process.

Have you had any work done recently?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Don't bother looking for the fuel filter. It's on top of the pump. I looked it up...

Check for fuel pressure first. That's a pretty much non-serviceable filter, should last just about forever.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Justa lid bit ... Lol

I try the easy things 1st. I removed the gas cap (vacuum issue?) and tried to start it but it didn't even try to fire. Replaced cap and tried several more times but same result. I can hear the fuel pump cycling and for the 1st time since owning this car, I can smell raw fuel under the hood. Looked around bay and underneath for leaks but no sign of that.

Grab a bright light (don't use a match, LOL) and look around for it spraying. Have someone else work they key and watch for fuel mist.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Got a friend who's car was doing exact same thing. Unplugged the O2 sensor and it runs fine. Plug it back in, stutters and dies.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Shouldnt it have a fuel pressure valve on fuel rail, press that and see if it squirts out gas, aside from that vacuum hose, if not a valve, idle air control valve would cause it to stall out, a throttle position sensor, but I looked it up here at work, and it says refer to throttle body...also does any smoke come out of exhaust?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Got a friend who's car was doing exact same thing. Unplugged the O2 sensor and it runs fine. Plug it back in, stutters and dies.

Unplugged, or removed? I can't see a bad O2 causing this problem. If he was actually unscrewing it, that points to a plugged exhaust; usually catalytic converter.

Shouldnt it have a fuel pressure valve on fuel rail, press that and see if it squirts out gas, aside from that vacuum hose, if not a valve, idle air control valve would cause it to stall out, a throttle position sensor, but I looked it up here at work, and it says refer to throttle body...also does any smoke come out of exhaust?

Fuel pressure regulator on that model is in the tank. By about 00, most cars went returnless. The hot fuel coming back from the fuel rail caused more vaporization in the tank...

The new hotness is pulse-width modulated fuel pumps to regulate pressure. But the car in question has a regulator on the fuel pump assembly.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Sorry Glockster that your having this prob and that I just saw this thread. Hope you get it fixed soon.
    Thought you had a truck

Top Bottom