• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    On that, I agree. I've sent him emails, thanking him for his support and praising his leadership. Kinda letting him know we're watching without actually saying it.

Awesome. I know you have devoted some time and effort to emailing and making calls to get this law passed over the last few weeks, and thank you for that effort. It has not gone un-noticed by some of us.
    Capitol Armory ad

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Who knows the specs on carry?
    Like I ASSume pocket carry is ok?
    On Holsters. Will it be like ltc where they must be retention holsters?
    And still no drop leg style?

There is no requirement for LTC to use retention holsters. Today for open carry it must simply be a "belt or shoulder holster". A drop leg holster is arguably a "belt holster" if it attached to the belt, but with the new law, the requirement simply says "holster" so drop legs will surely be OK for open carry , as will ankle holsters (with shorts) :) . Pocket carry for concealed carry has always been OK even without a pocket holster, why wouldn't it be now in the new law?

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    There is no requirement for LTC to use retention holsters. Today for open carry it must simply be a "belt or shoulder holster". A drop leg holster is arguably a "belt holster" if it attached to the belt, but with the new law, the requirement simply says "holster" so drop legs will surely be OK for open carry , as will ankle holsters (with shorts) :) . Pocket carry for concealed carry has always been OK even without a pocket holster, why wouldn't it be now in the new law?
    I was told in class that all that a retention holster is is if the holstered weapon is inverted it dosent fall out. Maybe the instructor had it wrong but thats what was demonstrated

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I was told in class that all that a retention holster is is if the holstered weapon is inverted it dosent fall out. Maybe the instructor had it wrong but thats what was demonstrated

There is a requirement for the trainer to identify how to use retention holster, but the law doesn't require you to use one. Granted, it's probably a good idea.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Somethings that people want to do with a gun just because it’s legal Or because it’s their right does not make it an intelligent Or well thought out behavior. The appearance presented by that behavior should Bethought out and considered. What you consider harmless could be and possibly would be considered threatening By others.
    Their "feeling" threatened does not trump my constitutional right.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Who knows the specs on carry?
    Like I ASSume pocket carry is ok?
    On Holsters. Will it be like ltc where they must be retention holsters?
    And still no drop leg style?
    Wherefore comes the retention holster requirement? I think any holster will soon be legal.

DanYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2021
    Texas
    I have much the same opinion on other peoples feelings. I have, however, become very aware that nowadays, someones feelings are often times enough to cause Legal Regrets. Even if you have the Right to Bear Arms, and do so legaly, you can still end up spending thousands of dollars to protect those rights if they choose to exorcise their "right" to call the police and make a false accusation against you.
    Be Smart.
    Exorcise your rights responsibly.
    Be courtious to others.
    If possible, avoid confrontations.
    Guns are in the news enough today with mostly negative tones. Don't do anything to make the medias' job easier.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have much the same opinion on other peoples feelings. I have, however, become very aware that nowadays, someones feelings are often times enough to cause Legal Regrets. Even if you have the Right to Bear Arms, and do so legaly, you can still end up spending thousands of dollars to protect those rights if they choose to exorcise their "right" to call the police and make a false accusation against you.
    Be Smart.
    Be courtious to others.
    Guns are in the news enough today with mostly negative tones. Don't do anything to make the medias' job easier.

Welcome...but for the record - I DO carry, and I'll carry how I wish. I do NOT GAF about someone else's "feelings" about that. If they want to call John Law, fine - I'll deal with that IF it happens. I've had a CHL/LTC since 1995, and ALL interactions with LEO's have been friendly and professional - even when they've responded to a "Karen Call".

I am NOT gonna subvert MY rights because of worry about someone else's perception. Hiding only makes the situation worse in the long run. If you're THAT worried about it...just stay home.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    The big question is, Will open carry become common? If so the Karen calls will be ignored by police but until then they will respond. I personally think a bunch will open carry in the beginning and then quit because to be honest, carry is a PITA. The LTC that carry will still carry, mainly concealed. The average guy I don't think will carry after the fad wears thin. If the average guy wanted to carry he would have gone LTC years ago. We shall see.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Be Smart.
    Be courtious to others.

Welcome to TGT. And for the record, my thoughts on this pretty much echo what my friend @TexasRedneck has to say. I too have been carrying for a great number of years, and frankly, those worried about that I carry, or how I carry, can go piss up the proverbial rope. As long as I exercise my rights in legal manner, according to the law, I could not care the least what some candy-ass thinks or does. And if that person wants to make some "false" accusation, then guess what, they gotta prove it. Now is some commie state where gun owners are criticized or persecuted for exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, I'm might hadg a little credence on your statements. But since I live in the great state of Texas, sorry, not so much.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The big question is, Will open carry become common? If so the Karen calls will be ignored by police but until then they will respond. I personally think a bunch will open carry in the beginning and then quit because to be honest, carry is a PITA. The LTC that carry will still carry, mainly concealed. The average guy I don't think will carry after the fad wears thin. If the average guy wanted to carry he would have gone LTC years ago. We shall see.

I agree with your assessment Rotor.

Top Bottom