• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    I said elsewhere that if grAbbot got constitutional carry passed, I would look the other way regarding his mishandling/overreaching of the covid mandates. His anti-abortion efforts also give me cause me to finish eating crow. He is back on my "vote for" list.
    So what happened to all the Abbott bashers?!?
    Hurley's Gold

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    So what happened to all the Abbott bashers?!?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.....

I said elsewhere that if grAbbot got constitutional carry passed, I would look the other way regarding his mishandling/overreaching of the covid mandates. His anti-abortion efforts also give me cause me to finish eating crow. He is back on my "vote for" list.

Pretty low bar there.....

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Concealed carry is a commitment. You absolutely have to dress around the gun and not the other way around. So yep, you go up a pant and belt size and possibly a shirt size. Hiding a gun like that is no problem. I carry a G19, have daily for 30 years. Concealed is concealed. Doing it wrong isnt concealed. Even in shorts and Tshirt it can easily be done. Just do it properly.

As for the 51 percent sign, I've never seen one in chili's fridays or small restaurants, but I dont go to bars either. Especially since covid when bars were closed by the governor and magically overnight bars became...restaurants.

That said dont get your info on such things on the internet.

LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    Maybe somebody already knows the answer to this, but I wonder if there will be an option to get a new LTC or maintain your old one for traveling to other States that recognize a Texas carry permit.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Are you a lawyer?

The answer is, issues with getting such info from a random internet query notwithstanding, nothing changes with the LTC laws relatingto getting and keeping a LTC.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Maybe somebody already knows the answer to this, but I wonder if there will be an option to get a new LTC or maintain your old one for traveling to other States that recognize a Texas carry permit.
    Yes. LTC didn't go away, and it has advantages that CC doesn't. I'm keeping mine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DrKObGyn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    East Texas
    The consensus seems to be that those with LTC will keep them. How about those who are working toward getting one. Is it worth getting it now? What would be the benefit other than reciprocity?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The consensus seems to be that those with LTC will keep them. How about those who are working toward getting one. Is it worth getting it now? What would be the benefit other than reciprocity?

I think that comes down to a personal decision that each person has to make for themselves as to whether it is of benefit or need for them.

Kind of like whether to carry, or not carry. To open carry, or carry concealed.

I don't think there are clear defined reasons that can make it a simple yes or no answer.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

TJ can correct me if I am wrong, but in addition to reciprocity, CHL's can carry where CC may be prohibited (provided 30.06 signage not present).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.....

1623966505421.png

Fair enough, but I think Abbott's done a helluva job, and between him and DeSantis there are no better governors in the Union!

Top Bottom