• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Derilictimus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    US
    Whatever you were reading is wrong as two boys kissing. I’d find better things to read.

62ee218010cfc749d70468cbf2e17c66.jpg
    Well after the close of the 87th legislature the Governor has 10 days to sign a bill into law. After that time period it can go into law on it's own without the Governor's signature as voted on by the House and Senate that passed it or it can be appealed. There's a lawyer on here somewhere that knows more than I do though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well after the close of the 87th legislature the Governor has 10 days to sign a bill into law. After that time period it can go into law on it's own without the Governor's signature as voted on by the House and Senate that passed it or it can be appealed. There's a lawyer on here somewhere that knows more than I do though.

Please verify your "facts" before spouting them...

Derilictimus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    US
    You can buy alcohol and guns at walmart here. If your talking liquor then your argument is a strawman cause the laws of the 2 states are different in that regards and it has nothing to do with guns.

Unless you're talking drinking while carrying then yes one is an idiot to do that.
    I think it has something to do with Indians.

Derilictimus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    US
    Please verify your "facts" before spouting them...
    Did not mean to strike a nerve but I have been following this closely. Everyone has been wondering when Abbott would sign like he said he would. Now I guess everyone that has a LTC is thinking oh no watch out for all the idiots that have never had a handgun. Hey I took the class and passed. I also stand up for the 2 ND same as you. Guess I got started off wrong on here. I know not to talk about religion. Maybe should not talk politics either.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Did not mean to strike a nerve but I have been following this closely. Everyone has been wondering when Abbott would sign like he said he would. Now I guess everyone that has a LTC is thinking oh no watch out for all the idiots that have never had a handgun. Hey I took the class and passed. I also stand up for the 2 ND same as you. Guess I got started off wrong on here. I know not to talk about religion. Maybe should not talk politics either.

If you have a thick skin, you will be just fine.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

That’s not entirely correct, either. Any bill sent within 10 days of final adjournment is allowed 20 days after adjournment for signature.

I’m not a lawyer, but the process is very clearly spelled out in various places. Here’s just one.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

You're welcome to talk about whatever - just try to be accurate, and chill on the broad strokes - it makes you look bad. I have an LTC - I'm not prejudging anyone. Lots of folks that haven't taken the class, yet they stand for the 2nd as strongly (or more so) than I.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    COUNT ME IN AS A TEXAN... A+, 5-Stars, WOULD RECOMMEND...

AND I received approval from a head-hanco for relocation on my own dime though...
    1st step to becoming a TEXAN, complete...
    On to the next steps!!!

Less worries about the lady driving places w/out me, after 9/1...

TOATZ A+ TX!!!

1st thing I'll have to do once there is buy something that will fit in the waistband, as the M9 is a bit... bulky...
    :D
    I had to leave TX years ago due to divorce/custody reasons. When I return, it will be for life!

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Yes yes OooRah! (it's a Marine thing) constitutional carry will be law Sep 1st. You can read more about it at Dallas Morning News article for 6/18/2021.

And take a moment to thank your Governor, LtGov and certain state senators and representatives who voted for the bill. And remember those who voted against it in the 2022 primaries and general election.

Derilictimus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    US
    You're welcome to talk about whatever - just try to be accurate, and chill on the broad strokes - it makes you look bad. I have an LTC - I'm not prejudging anyone. Lots of folks that haven't taken the class, yet they stand for the 2nd as strongly (or more so) than I.
    Cool

Derilictimus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    US
    That’s not entirely correct, either. Any bill sent within 10 days of final adjournment is allowed 20 days after adjournment for signature.

I’m not a lawyer, but the process is very clearly spelled out in various places. Here’s just one.

Thank you. I learned something extra and great source.

Derilictimus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    US
    You can buy alcohol and guns at walmart here. If your talking liquor then your argument is a strawman cause the laws of the 2 states are different in that regards and it has nothing to do with guns.

Unless you're talking drinking while carrying then yes one is an idiot to do that.
    I hope nobody ever does that now that things here are as good as Arizona. I had just been in a gun store years ago in Flagstaff that sold liquor as well as guns. It was very different for me. I wanted a picture but they opted out and I obliged. Of course no one was drinking at the time. I was carrying open because I could. First time for everything.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I hope nobody ever does that now that things here are as good as Arizona. I had just been in a gun store years ago in Flagstaff that sold liquor as well as guns. It was very different for me. I wanted a picture but they opted out and I obliged. Of course no one was drinking at the time. I was carrying open because I could. First time for everything.

I'm an AZ native. There used to be a general store slash sporting goods store in Flagstaff that sold guns and ski supplies because of the ski resort. I can see that there.

I dont remember gun stores on any rez except maybe in a shopping center in Scottsdale that's partially on the rez.

Derilictimus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    US
    I'm an AZ native. There used to be a general store slash sporting goods store in Flagstaff that sold guns and ski supplies because of the ski resort. I can see that there.

I dont remember gun stores on any rez except maybe in a shopping center in Scottsdale that's partially on the rez.
    No nothing on any Res. that I know of. I had worked in Page and Law Enforcement pretty much stayed away from there. Wish I could remember the name of the store but it was advertised as something like (name) Guns and Liquor.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    No nothing on any Res. that I know of. I had worked in Page and Law Enforcement pretty much stayed away from there. Wish I could remember the name of the store but it was advertised as something like (name) Guns and Liquor.

Frontier in Fallon?

Top Bottom