• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    Yeah, the American Eagle bricks my father says he paid $10 for 10 years ago were at $125. The only SKS I could find for less than $400 looked like it has fallen from the ugly tree, then the inbred ducks that live in San Gabriel park had pooped and pissed on it, it then cooked in the sun for weeks, then was thrown in a sewage system to wash it off.

I did have a dealer tell me that 922R doesn't matter for the SKS, and another tell me that there is no such things as a 17hm2, only the 17 mach 2. I have his card, and I don't know if I should call and ask how much the ammo he has it, or call him and try to convince him that there is such as thing.
    Texas SOT

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    LO
    I just ran by nocked and loaded in lampasas. Their green tip was 2 bucks per box more than what I paid at the gun show. So it looks like I managed to stumble on a good deal

The green tip ammo I saw was 80 cents a round.

I also noticed boxes taped together to make "bricks".

Only about 5 M1As in the building. LOTS of ARs at good prices including a 6920 Colt for less than 1G.

Some rough AKs.

Decent selection of pistols and some shotguns and of course the older guns.

Most importantly TGT shirts!

Last edited:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think I might unload some spare ammo at the show. I got a crate of Danish M855 that is hanging out that I really don't need. Probably keep 200 - 300 rounds of it and sell the rest.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    Just got back.

Parking was $5. Paid online on my phone on the way out $7.

Picked up a 4sevens flashlight for $15 less than Amazon. So, win win for me.

The prices on things I have shopped in the last six months were more reasonable. Ruger Takedown was listed at $700 back at the old location on Lamar was closer to $320-350. I saw a shield at a fair price.

Crowd was small but it was early.

I didn't even bother to look at ammo.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How about the dealer with the orange shirts and hats? In one way it was kind of annoying with them being loud and pushy, but it is nice to see some different approach I suppose.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    July gunshow 2013.jpg Great show this time around. ARs and accs coming waayy down. 22 ammo still at nutcase prices but overall, worth the trip. I managed to find primers for 36.95 per/K and a gen3 pmag for 12.01. Of course, I had to visit the TGT table for a couple of T shirts. On my way out around 3:45, I spotted a pre 2006 ruger 10/22 at a table for $299 marked down from $329. The price was still way too high and I thought a guy was getting ready to buy it. When I got close enough to eyeball it, the guy asked me, " you need a 10/22?" I said, I'd be a buyer at $250 with the 3 mags he was including and he accepted. I told him I didn't want to pay any tax and he said," no problem, it's from my personal collection". I know at it's core, it's just a mall-ninja'd walmart special from years back but the 20" std profile barrel is rare now a days and the folding stock is kinda cool. I almost made it out the door without buying a gun... oh well. Here's a picture for your enjoyment. I didn't realize they shut things down so early on Sunday, that put a damper on the after party idea. Maybe next time, I'll plan on Saturday night thing instead.

Last edited:

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    View attachment 22959 Great show this time around. ARs and accs coming waayy down. 22 ammo still at nutcase prices but overall, worth the trip. I managed to find primers for 36.95 per/K and a gen3 pmag for 12.01. Of course, I had to visit the TGT table for a couple of T shirts. On my way out around 3:45, I spotted a pre 2006 ruger 10/22 at a table for $299 marked down from $329. The price was still way too high and I thought a guy was getting ready to buy it. When I got close enough to eyeball it, the guy asked me, " you need a 10/22?" I said, I'd be a buyer at $250 with the 3 mags he was including and he accepted. I told him I didn't want to pay any tax and he said," no problem, it's from my personal collection". I know at it's core, it's just a mall-ninja'd walmart special from years back but the 20" std profile barrel is rare now a days and the folding stock is kinda cool. I almost made it out the door without buying a gun... oh well. Here's a picture for your enjoyment. I didn't realize they shut things down so early on Sunday, that put a damper on the after party idea. Maybe next time, I'll plan on Saturday night thing instead.

Nice score.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Thanks Rick. I took it down today and it looks like the gun has seen less than 100 rounds through it. Almost no wear on the hammer face or inside of the receiver. The barrel crown looks great and the rifling is pretty damn clean. I think this thing has been sitting in a closet for 6 years or better. The trigger group had a casting stamp from 06'. Probably one of the last aluminum groups made. One of the mags is a 50 rounder to boot. I've also never had a clear ruger oe mag so overall, I'm very pleased. Now I just need to decide how to re-configure it. I may just give it my typical 2.75 lb trigger job and install a 16" barrel to make it a little more fast-handling with the stock folded. Although it's tempting to drop it in a wood stock and see how well the 20" barrel shoots with open sights. Decisions, decisions...

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Thanks Rick. I took it down today and it looks like the gun has seen less than 100 rounds through it. Almost no wear on the hammer face or inside of the receiver. The barrel crown looks great and the rifling is pretty damn clean. I think this thing has been sitting in a closet for 6 years or better. The trigger group had a casting stamp from 06'. Probably one of the last aluminum groups made. One of the mags is a 50 rounder to boot. I've also never had a clear ruger oe mag so overall, I'm very pleased. Now I just need to decide how to re-configure it. I may just give it my typical 2.75 lb trigger job and install a 16" barrel to make it a little more fast-handling with the stock folded. Although it's tempting to drop it in a wood stock and see how well the 20" barrel shoots with open sights. Decisions, decisions...

Mall ninja it out. Your halfway there, Just add the 16 inch barrel,red dot, flashllight and laser.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I like the 10/22. The barrel on the current fancy wood stock model is 18" or 20"?

Would look nice setup like that.

Regarding the XDS price I saw M&P Shields from $450-$550. Been thinking of getting one in 40 just because and waiting for a 45 to come out.

Top Bottom