Change of pace conversation

Discussion in 'Corpus Christi' started by txinvestigator, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Back in 1990 I saw Steve Miller and ZZ Top when they toured for there "Recycler" album. Awesome show.

2. Mreed911

Mreed911 TGT Addict

Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Big concert fan. Worked Tool, Snoop Dogg and One Direction. Bought tickets to the others or saw them as special events.

3. bignic83

bignic83 Active Member TGT Supporter

Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    Great shows I have been to. Queen in 1976, Rush on their 2112 tour (Cheap Trick opened), many Springsteen shows, Kiss and Bob Seger (pre-night moves, what a pairing!) But the best Concert ever for me was Live Aid! (I am originally from the Philly area).

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Agreed!

5. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Saw Jethro Tull in November 1979, which had to be one of the best concerts I've seen. Saw them again here in San Antonio last year, it was a good show, but still not as good as 30+ years ago. Some bands can maintain their talent, some even get better (saw Gary Numan up in Austin last year, and he was excellent!); but a few are trying to squeeze those last few dollars from their fans.

I always enjoy watching the UK's "Rewind" festivals that dig up big acts from the 1980s. Despite aging, some acts have really held up well over the years; but there's always a few that should have remained in obscurity...

Cheers! M2

6. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    I would say it would have to be the first concert I went to... Lee Michaels and Creedence Clearwater Revival in Denver, 1969.
    How's that for dating myself? I missed Johann Sebastian Bach when he was touring, I was too young.

7. ByrdMan

ByrdMan Active Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    Hank Williams JR, good ole Bocefus! It was the double eagle tour when I was 16. Can't remember the venue. During the song "born to boogie" he played every instrument on the stage and we were second row. My first concert and probably the most memorable.

8. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That sounds like a great concert! I'd love to attend concerts but I don't handle crowds or driving at night very well.

I had fun thinking back on the concerts of yesteryear that I attended.

Coffee houses and beatnick places in Chicago
    Folk music at local "Dives" around Chicago
    Chantacleer
    Carlos Montoya
    Itzhak Perlman
    Richard Marx
    BlueGrass concerts
    Blues concerts

After Woodstock, there was a profusion of "Rock Festivals" all over the nation. I made a lot of those, but remember very little!

Live music is a gas! Be sure to bring earplugs. Leave the anti drug attitudes and nudity opinions at home. Hooters will be displayed!

Flash

9. Whistler

Whistler Active Member TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    ELO's spaceship stage, coolest thing I'd seen. Best concert probably Pink Floyd The Wall or maybe the 1980 Monsters of Rock in Donington Park

10. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Most entertaining concert? KISS in 1976!