• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Just got an email from Cheaper Than Dirt.

I used to shop at the Fort Worth store 820 and I 35 but that was years ago.
    Prices were good back then but shipping just made it convenient not a deal.
    I would just drive there and look around if I was in the area.
    Now the McKinney store is closed?? Too far for me to drive so I've never been.

bob
    DK Firearms

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    33fgpyc.jpg

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    CTD got out of control with shipping and warehouses. I stopped buying from them years ago due to a lot of bad business practices. Ammotogo or MidwayUSA is all I buy from when going online now.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Being as they were one of the shady places during the panic, (I personally witnessed them buying AR-15's at the cabelas in Roanoke to stock there store in FT Worth at tripple the price.) I wonder if there collapsing store / business modle is due to legitimate consumer kick back or just poor managing.

I personally hope there bottom line was crushed by kickback from being dishonest dirt bags.

I do however miss the old days of there catalogue sales that had good surplus stuff at great prices.

AdamT

TomVandyMurphyTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    Murphy, TX
    A loss of competition is never a good thing for the consumer.

When I had issues with my AR I took my problem child to the staff @ McKinney CTD. They discussed several solutions checked amongst themselves and even pointed out I was ordering a more expensive part (it had Texas on it :cool::cool: )and did I really want to got that route. Not help I would have gotten at any big box store. Probably would have gotten good answers from RunnerRunner but was unsure as I had never done business with them then.

I know don't listen to anything a 1 poster says, but I had to put it out there.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    ^ One slightly redeeming experience doesn't outweigh lying, fucking over your customer base on a rather gigantic scale (pulling inventory then putting it back out at 3-5 times the previous price among other things), and all the other bullshit they've pulled.

And it's not really fair to call CTD "competition", since even their lowest price can usually be cut in half by pretty much any other retailer.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    ^
    And it's not really fair to call CTD "competition", since even their lowest price can usually be cut in half by pretty much any other retailer.

Exactly. They weren't competitive in the first place. I have never bought anything from CTD, but I witnessed some of their outlandish pricing in 2013.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Much was said earlier about CTD's practices being "just business", "supply and demand", and other rot. I'v e dealt with "just businesses" who treated you like they really wanted you to come back, not like they expected you to come back because they were CTD, after all.

Their supply? They could keep it. My demand for their stuff went to zero after their handling of ammo prices and selling you something only to say "backordered indefinitely". Take my money then go play with it for however long it takes me to get pissed? Even if my CC wasn't charged, unless I cancelled the order they could take that backlog to the bank and get better terms for whatever it was they wanted. And, umm... that was about 3 seconds. Cancel the order, I'll get it elsewhere.

Parallel - had a beef with American Airlines over pricing and changing flights (who hasn't!). So I flew US Air. Perfectly pleasant flight. Professional and courteous. Fair price even for a walk-up fare. Told AA they shouldn't be thrilled they treated me that way, and in so doing I found a perfectly excellent alternative. They should have worked harder to keep me as a customer. Eventually they went Chapter 11, and guess whose management is now running AA? US Air's! Same to CTD. Plenty of perfectly excellent alternatives! See ya!!

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Not surprised to read this headline. They lost me with their practices a while back, much like many here.
    Well, they made their bed, now they have to lay in it.

Top Bottom