• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    its cool to see that all you folks are happy that several people lost there jobs.
    Venture Surplus ad

heliguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Dallas
    Lot of ill will toward CTD here. Kinda surprised. I bought all of my suppressors and SBR's from them and never had a problem. Prices were competitive. I could always get ammo and other stuff less expensive elsewhere but loved to just go there and window shop no other place had their broad selection of firearms.....

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    tsunami.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I called them once to place an order for a couple of 20rd boxes of high end SD 9mm ammo. The price for the ammo was competitive.
    They wanted to charge me $27 for shipping it!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    its cool to see that all you folks are happy that several people lost there jobs.

it's cool to see you're judging "all us folks" based on our opinion about "shady" business practices. I personally don't feel GLAD that people lost their jobs, but sadly, businesses come and go and job loss/job gain is a part of life. The retail environment is competitive, and it's survival of the fittest.

While what CTD did at least 2x in the past 6 years isn't technically illegal, consumers always have the right to vote with their feet.

You saved -1500%. You're welcome.

Lot of ill will toward CTD here. Kinda surprised. I bought all of my suppressors and SBR's from them and never had a problem. Prices were competitive. I could always get ammo and other stuff less expensive elsewhere but loved to just go there and window shop no other place had their broad selection of firearms.....

"I don't always join a Texas Gun Form 6 years ago, but when I do, my first post is about how great CTD is." Welcome to for forum.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

...And window shop is about all you could do. I only ever managed to flag down an employee once in over a dozen visits to them before I learned more about their business practices. So, a dozen trips to the gun store and I managed to hold a pistol I was interested in ONCE. And it was over $100 more expensive than the same pistol at both Cabelas and Academy. I'm not gonna camp out in front of the display for hours on end just for the opportunity to overpay for something I'm interested in. Pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Then Sandy Hook happened, and CTD became the home of the $90 AR magazine. I don't even own an AR and I find that pricing offensive. Good riddance to them.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    How about if you ordered a rifle from them then Sandy Hook happened. They cancel your order that you already paid for but offer to sell you the same rifle for 3x the original price. Would you be surprised at our distaste for them then?

It burns my ass that they canceled paid orders so they could keep the stock and raise prices.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Then don't work for a shitass company. Too many jobs in Texas for any of us to care.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    How about if you ordered a rifle from them then Sandy Hook happened. They cancel your order that you already paid for but offer to sell you the same rifle for 3x the original price. Would you be surprised at our distaste for them then?

It burns my ass that they canceled paid orders so they could keep the stock and raise prices.
    ^^^^^^^This!!^^^^^^^^

This alone makes anyone defending CTD an uninformed Moron....

Top Bottom