• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Cheerios made a commercial portraying an interracial relationship couple with a mixed race daughter.

Link: Just Checking - YouTube

They got a large number of racist comments towards the commercial which forced Cheerios to disable the comments.

I say Good on you Cheerios for keeping it running!

[Soap_box] If you were born in the US, then you are American! Doesn't matter what color your spouse is or how mixed your children are. There are more of us "mutts" in the US than pure breeds of any race. I'm not being racist. I embrace my mutt status. Just don't understand the opposition to interracial relationships. If you were born outside the us, then you can call yourself "native country"-American. Nothing wrong with that! I just feel that we could get away from racism if we can reduce the politically correctness to give everyone their own category based on heritage. If everyone is American, then no more labels to judge someone by. Of course this is my personal opinion.[/Soap_box]
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree with all of it except that I don't think there is such thing as a Mexican American, African American, German American, etc unless you actually have dual citizenship.

If your an American then that's what you are. If you country is bad enough to drive you here then embrace it and become a full blooded AMERICAN. (Yes, I know the continent contains more than just the US but only those from the US are generally referred to as Americans).

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    If you're happy, and you're not affecting my (anybody else but yourself) way of life, I don't care what you do. The only problem I had with what you said was this:

If you were born outside the us, then you can call yourself "native country"-American.

If you're an American citizen, then you're an American. If you were born elsewhere and became an American citizen (legally), then you pledge allegiance only to the United States of America. So, you are foremost an American FIRST. Now, if you want to call yourself an American of X decent, then fine, but by god, you better call yourself an American first.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I agree with all of it except that I don't think there is such thing as a Mexican American, African American, German American, etc unless you actually have dual citizenship.

If your an American then that's what you are. If you country is bad enough to drive you here then embrace it and become a full blooded AMERICAN. (Yes, I know the continent contains more than just the US but only those from the US are generally referred to as Americans).

Dang, you beat me to it ... how'd that happen? lol

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I agree with Younggun and rsayloriii, and have always wondered if people in other countries refer to themselves as African-Canadian or Mexican-Russian. I doubt it. Why is it only here that they do it?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Much of /\ /\ /\ has been said before.............

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    In this day and age mixed race marriages are common enough that there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to care if it's portrayed in a commercial. I'd guess many of the the comments were made by trolls trying to start some trouble.

I thought then commercial was funny.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Wow and it'll be nice when it all gets simple again.

Me: US Citizen (American for short), Natural, Native Born Texan, Black, and my favorite flavor of Koolaid is 1911.

Top Bottom