• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Chicago Liberals have decided to do what they do best: kill businesses and ban firearms simultaneously. The new gun laws proposed by the city of Chicago are being described (by admitted leftists) as the “smartest in the Nation.” Needless to say: They’re pretty dumb.

A Federal Judge demanded earlier this year that the city develop an actionable plan to allow gun sales within city limits. Of course, not all (or any) of the city council members seem on board. Ald. Water Burnett Jr said of the gun stores, “I don’t think we want these kinds of things in our communities at all.”
    Well, sure… I can understand that. And the city’s absolute ban on firearm dealers within city limits has been such a rousing success so far (sarcasm font), it only makes sense that we limit lawful businesses from the utopia-that-is Chicago.

Among the provisions are a slew of discouraging requirements: Dealers will be subjected to a $3,800 yearly fee; all transactions will be videotaped and subjected to arbitrary waiting periods; all shops would be subjected to quarterly inspections; Police supervised training would be mandated for all shop employees; all owners will be required to maintain a $1 million liability insurance policy; safety plans (whatever the heck that is) will be a requisite; and various ammunition will be banned altogether.

Oh yeah, and no gun store will be allowed in a private residence or within 500 feet of a park, school, or any building used for city, state, or federal purposes… In other words: There’s about 4.73 inches of Chicago that can house a gun store. (Okay, that’s an exaggeration. But 99.5 percent of the city will be effectively off limits to the industry.)

The ironic part of this 30 page plan, is that the only people it keeps from gaining access to lawfully provided firearms are the impoverished and disadvantaged. I mean, let’s face it: A rich guy can easily venture outside of Chicago city limits and avoid getting his purchase videotaped (not to mention foregoing the city-mandated 72 hour “waiting period” for a purchase). It’s the very people plagued by inner-city violence that are the most likely to suffer as a consequence from limited access to lawful tools of self-defense.

But, then again, what do you expect? Gun control in America has its roots in racism, Jim Crow, and oppression. In fact, rarely throughout world history has gun control been used as a tool to increase the safety of the general public. It has routinely been used to keep the masses beholden to government “protection”. Chicago’s proposal has an eerie similarity to the race-based initiatives proposed by Ku Klux Klan Democrats in the post-war South.

But, maybe I’m over-reacting. After all, according to the Leftists in charge, these are the “smartest” gun regulations in the nation.

Chicago Liberals Outlaw the Firearm Industry - Michael Schaus - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

Gun Zone Deals

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Good argument, we need to develop that one; gun control is racist! If we can't seem to convince the Left with logic and fact passionate appeals to emotion sound like just the ticket. All right Facebook guys, time to start a grass root campaign to get the message out there; gun control is racist! It disenfranchises the underprivileged, minorities, undocumented immigrants and homosexuals! We need subsidies to offset the high cost of ammunition else it would be unattainable for the poor! Stop these discriminatory background checks that unfairly target minorities! Why should Conservative white guys have all the guns and ammunition? I think we're on to something here...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Long ago Chicago created these liberal businesses and keeping gun stores out is in the play book. If people were able to defend themselves in the city of Chicago buy getting a gun from a local store soon the crime rates would start to plummet or at least we hope they would., Then why would they need such a huge police force? jails would no be as busy so why would they need so many jailers?

The Chicago machine will never die so its much better to move and start a life somewhere else.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Certainly hope that gun shops around the Chicago area take notice and ban the sale of goods to Chicago politicians and police officers.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    So how does NYC and D.C. continue to get away with almost complete bans but Chicago has to comply with the rulings?
    I'm sure there are some legal technicalities, but just wondering.

I mean, the most libtard, commie city in the nation is probably San Francisco, but even there you can bring in handguns and keep them in your vehicle or domicile as long as you follow the legal requirements.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    we had friends in the medical field who just moved to suburb of Chicago..
    I told them they were the only people in the country moving to Chicago and the north. I said make sure to go get your FOID card and they said "whats a FOID card?"

I said, you have much to learn grasshoppa

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The cities with the highest per capita murder rates, from 1985 to 2012 have been Detroit, D.C., New Orleans, Flint, Birmingham, and Richmond.

Despite recent shootings, Chicago nowhere near U.S. ?murder capital? | Pew Research Center

All have varying levels of gun control. The one thing they have in common is that the majority of those city's residents are Black. If you look at the following chart, you'll see that Blacks murder as often as Whites, yet Blacks only make up 12% of America's population while Whites make up 72%.

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's an uncomfortable truth: Blacks commit murder at 6X the rate of Whites. Seems to me there are more efficient methods of targeting violent crime than by ignoring the cause.

FBI-Homocide-Victims-by-Race-2009.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It's too hard to deal with the major factors of violence like race and mental instability. It takes too much money, time and effort to address those problems. It's so much easier to ban guns even though the Constitutionally guaranteed rights of millions of law abiding citizens will be crapped on in the process!

Once guns are banned for the law abiding, illegally armed thugs will have open season on citizens!

Flash

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    we had friends in the medical field who just moved to suburb of Chicago..
    I told them they were the only people in the country moving to Chicago and the north. I said make sure to go get your FOID card and they said "whats a FOID card?"

I said, you have much to learn grasshoppa

From Texas to Shitcago .... damn man. That's going to be a giant eye opener for those fools.

Half in Illinois and Connecticut Want to Move Elsewhere

Poll: Half of Illinois residents would move from the state if they could - Chicago Tribune

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I worked in the famous Bell's Gun Shop in Chicago when Papa and Mama Bell, an elderly German couple owned the place. It had an indoor range that provided many hours of entertainment for Flash as a young man.

The original location was deep in Chicago near my Grandmother's house and they moved out near Mannheim Road at the outskirts of Chicago, near O'Hare airport.

The business changed hands several times after the Bell's were gone and the last owner got his FFL revoked. Later, he smuggled his guns into Canada and got caught! Here's the story of that conviction.

Former Chicago-area gun shop owner sentenced to more than 7 years for illegal firearm exports

The building is vacant and Bell's is no more.

I had one of the first FOID (Firearm Owners ID) cards ever issued in Illinois. It's a terrible law and that was one of the major factors that triggered my escape out of that state.

Flash

Last edited:

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good argument, we need to develop that one; gun control is racist! If we can't seem to convince the Left with logic and fact passionate appeals to emotion sound like just the ticket. All right Facebook guys, time to start a grass root campaign to get the message out there; gun control is racist! It disenfranchises the underprivileged, minorities, undocumented immigrants and homosexuals! We need subsidies to offset the high cost of ammunition else it would be unattainable for the poor! Stop these discriminatory background checks that unfairly target minorities! Why should Conservative white guys have all the guns and ammunition? I think we're on to something here...

081156.jpg

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I grew up in Chicago and sadly my family, who've I disowned are all liberals. Lucky for me the military brought me to Texas many moons ago and my kids were all born here. Chicago is eons behind in the common sense factor and has been a mob run city since its inception. Everyone there is being payed off by someone else. It sickens me. While the city is finally starting the see the light, it will be decades more before they open their minds.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I worked in the famous Bell's Gun Shop in Chicago when Papa and Mama Bell, an elderly German couple owned the place. It had an indoor range that provided many hours of entertainment for Flash as a young man.

The original location was deep in Chicago near my Grandmother's house and they moved out near Mannheim Road at the outskirts of Chicago, near O'Hare airport.

The business changed hands several times after the Bell's were gone and the last owner got his FFL revoked. Later, he smuggled his guns into Canada and got caught! Here's the story of that conviction.

Former Chicago-area gun shop owner sentenced to more than 7 years for illegal firearm exports

The building is vacant and Bell's is no more.

I had one of the first FOID (Firearm Owners ID) cards ever issued in Illinois. It's a terrible law and that was one of the major factors that triggered my escape out of that state.

Flash

I remember Bells on Mannheim as I put a lot of rounds down range there in the 60's.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom