Texas SOT

Chipotle: Don't Bring Guns Into Our Stores!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Please use caution with hammer down on a live round in a 1911. This is far, far from safe practice. I would say that hammer up, round in, safety on is much, much more safe. Even if it feels more scary because the hammer is back... still IMO a much better way to carry.
    Guns International

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Please use caution with hammer down on a live round in a 1911. This is far, far from safe practice. I would say that hammer up, round in, safety on is much, much more safe. Even if it feels more scary because the hammer is back... still IMO a much better way to carry.

I'm a hammer up guy because personally it allows for faster action and less mentally involved processes but the safety debate between hammer up vs. hammer down has been ongoing for longer than I have been alive (1971 baby) with neither side proving or disproving the other side's argument.

Carry how you want to carry. I'm not going to tell you any different.

Unless you're one of the retards I am addressing in this thread.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Hammer Down = Risk you drop the hammer during a stressful situation it goes off if it misses the safety.

Now you've done shot the person without pulling the trigger.

Risk you drop the hammer while decocking.

Last edited:

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    First of all, I too believe that cocked and locked (Condition 1) is best.

Interesting though, that is not what JMB intended with his original design (i.e., before the Army required that he add the thumb safety). If you haven't read the patent application you should (https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US984519.pdf).

He actually intended condition 2 to be the "safety position".

Specifically, on page 7 line 8 of the patent application, he says
    Heretofore in the pistols of this class when the hammer was cocked ready for firing and it became necessary to lower the hammer to the safety position, it required both hands of the user to accomplish this act, ...

He then goes on to explain that the thumb of the gripping hand can be used to pull the hammer back far enough to actually depress the grip safe and thereby free the trigger so that it can be pressed while the thumb allows the hammer "to slowly descend to the safety position, without requiring the aid of the other hand."

I should add, that in many (perhaps most) current incarnations of the 1911, this maneuver is not possible.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you kick out all the overweight, white, gun owners, who's going to eat their burritos? The hipsters are all at the "Freebirds burrito place eating "kale and sprouts" burritos, eschewing "big corporations" like Chipotle. :)

Fifty

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Didn't see this posted here yet, so here ya go-

10356505_775792325772718_545501270_n_zps61ad0a14.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Way off the mark. Freebirds is a chain, now, like Chipotle. Especially in Austin, they're not "cool" anymore.

Google Cabo Bob's. You'll see what I mean.

It was in reference to the Freebirds thread, but you just killed it.

Murderer.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Thought I would post this. I found it interesting that their safety and entire movement is dependent on keeping legal gun owners at bay and completely misses the fact that there are actual criminals out there that could care less about signs and notices. Such a mindless cause in my opinion.

logo-a.png
    Mike --
    Wow, that was fast!
    Following a weekend of pressure on social media from supporters like you and just hours after we launched our petition asking Chipotle to prohibit guns in its restaurants, the Denver-based company issued a statement:
    "[W]e are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."
    This is a crucial victory for our movement -- not only because we can now feel safer to enjoy a burrito in Chipotle, but because it sends a message to business owners everywhere that the safety of their customers must come first.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thought I would post this. I found it interesting that their safety and entire movement is dependent on keeping legal gun owners at bay and completely misses the fact that there are actual criminals out there that could care less about signs and notices. Such a mindless cause in my opinion.

It blows my mind that people feel safer without guns.

My work is posted 30 06. That sucks. I know security isnt going to leap into action if someone shoots up the place (the building/campus is huge) but hey at least we have security guards.

When I saw the security guards...I was like hmmm...lets see what guns they are carrying. They arent armed either.

Weird how people feel good about being sitting ducks.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom