DK Firearms

Chipotle: Don't Bring Guns Into Our Stores!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I've taken fence sitters and those who are curious out on my own dime to gun ranges and promote shooting with the young folks of our church through youth programs there offering my time and guns. I've sent ammo and guns along to Appleseed shoots and offered many more times to do the same. I've debated without harsh words or yelling and have won over liberal thinkers. I've organized shoots ( about 4 a year on average), group CHL classes and even helped out women's groups with firearms. Boy Scouts I help man the shooting range during scout camp so the instructor has more time with the boys.

I'm looking at teaching 4 hour CHL classes here with a group that offers them for free.

I've gone to Austin and put my name down in favor of positive gun legislation, I've suggested new legislation and write my reps. Local, State and Federal.

I could go on.

I'm not saying everyone must support these folks. Just don't be afraid of their message and use the opportunity to educate and inform.

There's one ...
    next?

<sarcasm>

The point is you (and me) are in the minority.

I have given away an unbelievable amount of ammo this past year or so in order to do exactly what you are doing ... promote.
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've had many discussions with fence sitters including one who took several years to convert. I've invited many adults and their kids out to the house to learn about gun safety. It's not as uncommon as you might think. Most just see it as normal and don't make a big deal of it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    There is a thread on this at M4C now and 27 posts and there is not one positive comment about what these morons did. Also, Bloombergs anti gun group is taking credit for Chipolte's reaction.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't think there are any posts praising their actions on this forum either. However, this thread quickly became about the OC movement in general and not two knuckleheads.

Some have trouble separating individuals from a group.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There is a thread on this at M4C now and 27 posts and there is not one positive comment about what these morons did. Also, Bloombergs anti gun group is taking credit for Chipolte's reaction.

"This could have been solved with a NO-ARFCOMMER policy"

LOL

JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    I also run the Colorado Gun Owners facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GunOwnersOfColorado I was talking to the admin of the Open Carry Texas facebook page awhile ago and they were saying it was a reporter writing a bunk story on this. Nonetheless, the general public does not respond well to seeing long guns carried into business establishments, especially when some of the open carriers brandish their firearms like in the picture I'm attaching. Overall my personal perspective is that more focus needs to be put on getting open carry of handguns passed in the Texas Legislature as open carrying a handgun holstered doesn't draw a negative response like open carrying a rifle does, and open carrying of a handgun is more widely accepted. When open carrying a long gun it's better to use a 2 point sling and carry it on your back, rather than on a single point sling carrying it in front of you as well.

don't do this.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If anyone honestly believes that hiding the scary guns will make the antis back off, they haven't been paying attention to the antis.

Every time there is a news broadcast of an in eventful OC rally (they are not protests) it shows one more example of guns not hurting anyone.

Yes, there are those who will always hate guns, there is no hope for them. On the other hand, people will get used to it.

We are the minority in our political circles most aren't going to get this involved. Same with the antis.

Vaquero brought up the gay rights movement and made a good point. But we must also consider the number of people who pretty much ignore them now. They got used to it happening and it became a fairly normal thing. Nobody says anything about a couple of gays walking down the street holding hands because they have been so desensitized by some of the more extreme measures taken by the gay community. IT WORKED.

Most aren't that far on one side of the issue or the other. The far left lobs are hopeless. Some more centered will come around, and some will just get desensitized and stop noticing.

This battle will take place on multiple fronts, and just like all others, it will stir up some dust from time to time. The important thing is to preach responsibility and stick together.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I fully support these guys rights o do what they did. I also fully support the right of a private buisness owner or franchise to do what they did.

Now heres my thing. The only reason ids really carry a longgun into anywhere, would be because my car doors dont lock, and i happened to have my rifle in the car, and i couldnt wait to get something to eat. In which case id have it unloaded and on my back or in the case. OR: Horseback riding, and stopping somewhere to pick up a drink, or something on the way home. Certainly wouldnt want to leave a rifle unattended in a sheath on the horse.

Id love to open carry my handguns or revolvers. Itd make life easier, but in the colder months, id still conceal carry as a matter of preference.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I fully support these guys rights o do what they did. I also fully support the right of a private buisness owner or franchise to do what they did.

This is not about rights, it is about strategy. Their strategy is not working. We still do not have OC/handgun, and they have now lost us 2 places where OC/longgun/CHL was previously allowed.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    This is not about rights, it is about strategy. Their strategy is not working. We still do not have OC/handgun, and they have now lost us 2 places where OC/longgun/CHL was previously allowed.

It is absolutely about rights. They have a right to be stupid in the way they do things. The business has the right to refuse service.

Now overall, if the intent is truly to be educational, then it is a failing strategy, however, no group will all think the exact same way. There will never be a 'good' strategy that fits everyones definition.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I'd like to see the elimination of OC reference any one has made.

To answer the education part ...
    When was the last time you (or anyone else posting) invited a known-fence sitter or anti-gunner to a range for some real world enlightenment?

Be proactive in education where you have a constructive dialogue instead of the subliminal (and easy) method where you have no input as to what your audience is thinking. If you are passionate about something, put in the effort to further the cause

This. This is important. We try to go to DFW Gun Range every Friday and take a long lunch at work. New person was hired about a month ago. He kind of freaked out a few weeks back as I was carrying the rifle case in with me since I wont leave it in the truck for someone to steal, I bring it to my office and lock it up. Anyways, so I asked him, have you ever even been shooting? He hadn't even shot as much as a BB gun. This kid is 26 years old, went to Penn State. So I asked him if he would like to come with us and after talking for a few minutes he said he would. He stood back at first and jumped every time someone pulled a trigger. After a few minutes I asked him if he wanted to give it a try, he did....and guess what? He wants to go this Friday again, and I will gladly take him. He was of the opinion that gun (and people that owned them) were just bad news. Now he has a different take.

In saying that.....I get what the OCer's are trying to do, I just think they could have done it in a more tasteful manner. Like not posing for pics in the middle of Chipoltle, and handling their weapons more safely. Hell, if I would have been sitting in there I would have watched them closely, how the hell am I suppose to know it isn't loaded as they pose for pics with their finger near the bang switch or have the muzzle pointed in an unsafe direction? That is my only point on this specific situation.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    The OC activists, if they keep on showing up at random businesses unannounced and acting like fools, will eventually cost the rest of us our rights. This cannot be equated to the gay movement or civil rights no matter what you think of those. They are not generally waving lethal weapons. If you want a public demonstration, do it in a public place, advertised and with the police notified in advance. Be ready and prepared to hand out flyers and other educational material to the general public and the news media, including invitations to range days. Dress conservatively, handle weapons responsibly and be respectful. Ohhh, darn, wait a second, this is like way harder than getting a few of your friends to show up at a random restaurant and wave guns! Sorry, got carried away!

I do believe the law states you can OC a rifle or shotgun, but not with intent to alarm. The average non gun owning citizen will be alarmed and will express that alarm by voting for politicians who want to further reduce our rights. Want more rights, convince the citizens thru education and they just may vote for those who will at least maintain our rights.

An example, and just happens to be Starbucks. A few years ago a friend who was having an AR15 build problem wanted me to look at it. We met at Starbucks in San Marcos, lowers only, no upper, no mags, no ammo. Sitting outside with the lowers on the table. A patron called the police, it was not Starbucks who called. Obviously, the caller had no idea, just saw stuff with a trigger. Police showed up, talked to us, and just asked us to put the lowers in our vehicles, we complied. Officer stated it was not Starbucks and we were welcome to stay as long as we wanted. Would we have that reaction today from Starbucks? Probably not! Again, the OC activists are doing more harm than good to our cause by being attention whores.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Post 1 of 2

I hold no.ill will toward Chipotle. Excellent restaurant with real food and a food conscience.
    Quite frankly, if I owned a restaurant and these folks were coming in with their long rifles, I would probably ask them to stop, especially if they were holding them in hand, vice slung kver their back.

If these guys come into a store where I am now, I'll shift around to ha e the quickest access
    to my concealed handgun as possible, just in case.

I couldn't have said it better myself,

Here is one picture of the two retards who wrecked it for those who patronize(d) Chipotle. Evidently they live in the Dallas area. Link to the article with more pictures of them, especially of the midget with his incoherent wanna-be ebonics on Facebook. Gotta love his statement about being young enough to sell dope! NOT!

gunschipotle_zps6185f581.gif

NOTE TO GUYS/GALS DOING THIS!
    (People who already know me can skip the following):

You do not represent me.

Again, because I know how hard of hearing you guys are;

YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ME!

You can say all you want about protecting my 2A rights, "educating the public" and you can call me a coward for not joining you.

Whatever.

1.) You are not protecting my 2A rights; you are endangering them. Unfortunately, most of you who I have personally met and spoken with in public are too stupid to understand the difference.

2.) I don't attend your rallies and sit in's because you look retarded and legally they are pointless. It is currently legal to openly carry a long gun in Texas and has been for years. You say you're doing it to "educate the public"? Well you're doing a fine job. The public surely gets an "education" when the high school dropout crowd comes traipsing into the place they (the previously "uneducated" public) are having lunch with their family, wearing fatigues and carrying (and brandishing, there's a difference, learn it) rifles and snapping pics of themselves looking like idiots. Admit it. You're not there to educate the public. You just want attention and pics of your retarded mug standing in front of a soda dispenser at a fast food joint you're probably not even qualified to work at holding your cheap ass rifle, covered in cheap ass "operator" accessories you don't even know how to use properly so you can post said pics on Facebook for 'props' from your equally retarded yet less motivated to show it in public friends. It's ok to admit. Just take a deep (derp) breath in, let it out and accept your roll as the genetic abnormality that you are. There is currently no law against looking like a retard in public however I get the feeling you guys/gals are about to change all that.

I will say that your efforts at "educating the public" are really working out well. It is because of your "public education" efforts that we are seeing companies and organizations that for their entire existence have tried really hard not to venture into the gun debate revamping or revising their company policies and banning guns on their premises. You should be proud to know that your efforts are paying off in a real and societally changing way. Kudos!

If you are REALLY concerned with educating the public you have some tried and true methods available to you that have proven to be effective. You have a group of like minded retards with you already so here are some suggestions/steps to success you might want to consider:

deje5yra.jpg

1.) FORMATION: Form a not for profit action committee/organization (in before the IRS jokes) by filling out, filing and recording the proper documentation. Name it something catchy but non-threatening; example: Texans for the Advancement of Public Education (TAPE for short, you gotta have a decent acronym). It sounds way better than Texans Brandishing Rifles by the Soda Machine While You Are Trying To Eat Your Burrito With Your Family (see, TBRSMWYATEYBWYF is a shitty acronym).

You can get started here: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/nonprofit_org.shtml

2.) DIRECTORS: Elect or appoint officers/directors for your new organization including (and very importantly) a Treasurer and Spokesperson. PRO-TIP: You'll want to fill these positions with guys/gals with ACTUAL formal educations. It also helps if they are known to be trustworthy because these are the positions that can make or break the success of the organization and are also the positions where corruption, embezzlement and other bad/illegal activities have historically thrived.

Here is a good resource to help you get started: http://www.councilofnonprofits.org/resources/resources-topic/boards-governance/board-development

3.) ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE, FUNDING AND BY LAWS: Direct officers/directors to open and maintain a bank account in the organization's name. Vote for and pass by-laws for your organization allowing for a reasonable annual membership fee, collection of monetary donations, organizational assets, etc.. and the disbursement of such monies and items.

An example of by laws for a non profit organization in Texas can be found here: http://texascbar.org/content/legal_library/corp_structure/downloads/SampleBylawsTXNonprofit.doc

4.) RESOURCE CREATION AND COMMUNICATION: Hold regularly scheduled meetings where items such as organizational focus, action items, membership (new members, introduction of membership rules and expected behavior, etc.), and very importantly; the income, expenditures and current status of organization accounts and assets are discussed. It is at these meetings where you will discuss your goals, platform and the creation of a website representing a 24hr, publicly available resource that informs Joe and Jane Internet Surfer of your platform. Your website will be the most publicly available resource for you to get your point across. It should contain references/links to pertinent data and legal resources, a place for new members to join and pay membership dues/make donations, and links to news articles and verifiable statistics pertinent to your cause.

NOTE: Your website should be registered with its own unique domain name (TAPE.org LOL), email addresses for general information/inquiries, officers and directors. DO NOT use free email services such as Gmail, Yahoo etc.. because their policies may be in direct contradiction to your goals AND you do not give the impression of permanence or seriousness using free email.
    The website should optimally be maintained, updated and hosted internally if you should be so lucky to have a member/members with a firm grasp of website creation, maintenance, hosting and most importantly promotion and presence on search engines and social media. DO NOT use or contract with services or hosting companies whose policies lean toward the destruction of your 2A rights/promotion. You do not want all of your hard work pulled because some asshole boardroom douchebags decide your website violates their current/newly instituted anti 2A policies.

Here are just a few pro 2A hosting services you could use:

http://www.riflemagazine.com/internet/index.cfm

http://www.commercialnetworkservices.com/

http://www.elliott.com/gun-stores/signup/info.aspx

These meetings are also a great place to beg your membership for more donations.

3.) SPREADING YOUR MESSAGE: Contact your local television stations, news papers, mass mailing ad papers (Thrifty Nickel, County Shopper, Coffee News, etc.) and other avenues to the public eye in your area and inquire about ad time/space. Work with the television stations to write, create and record an intelligent message to the public informing them of the legality of open carry of long guns. Make it brief but memorable, catchy but non threatening, and get your message across clearly. PRO-TIP: Leave this job to a member who uses clear and proper English, finishes sentences, and communicates your platform in a easily understandable message. PRO-TIP II: Said Spokesperson should be dressed in proper attire for addressing the general public. Leave the fatigues, anti Obama, anti establishment, etc.. shirts at home. PRO-TIP III: If you are not using a woman (who portrays a wife and mother who is concerned about the future for her children, NO STRIPPERS) as your Spokesperson you are doing it wrong.

Create print ads with your message and buy ad space in predominant locations in your local newspapers/circulars. Note: The last page is cheap for a reason. The last page is not a predominant location. For the hard-headed: Do not waste your organization's funds on back page ad space.

In each and every one of your televised and print messages make sure to provide the public with your website URL because you will only have so much time/space in your ads to get your point across and all the time in the world to get it across on your organization's website.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Post 2 of 2

4.) RALLIES AND OTHER PUBLIC ACTIVITIES: Use your activities in public to present your message, share your information (printed and orally) with the general public and to increase your membership role (bank account). Your organization's rallies and public events should be used as an avenue to have an intelligent discussion with those whose interest has been peaked by your media efforts. Your rallies should NOT be used to cram information down the public's throat. Leave the bull horns, anti-government shirts, signs and flags/banners at home AND (VERY IMPORTANT) leave the damn confederate flags at home!!!

It is very important that your group remain focused on your goal of educating the public. You will not be taken seriously and you will be viewed and portrayed as a fringe group of anti-government kooks and tin foil hat wearers if you allow your rallies to become anything other than an effort to educate the public on the legality of open carry of long guns and promotion of normalizing such activities.

IMPORTANT: CONTACT LAW ENFORCEMENT - When you plan your open carry rallies have the courtesy to contact the local law enforcement agencies and give them a heads up as to your intentions. It helps to provide them with information clearly proving the legality of your planned action and an invitation for them to attend or observe your rally. This helps them respond in an educated manner to the phone calls that they WILL be receiving from the uneducated public. It will prevent them from having to take a reactionary role and allow them to get to know your organization and it's goals from a legal and personal standpoint, and gives your organization an appearance of professionalism and responsibility. Your organization should strive to create and maintain a strong and healthy relationship with law enforcement personnel. They should be invited to join and attend your meetings as well.

IMPORTANT II: RESPECT PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS!!!
    Have the courtesy to contact the owners/managers of private property you plan to enter during your rally (eateries, shops, parking lots, etc...) and provide them with all of the information they need to prove and fully understand the legality and non-threatening nature of your planned action, date and time of the rally, etc... If you are told not to hold your event on a piece of private property by the owner or owners representative DO NOT see this as a conquest. You will do nothing but harm to your cause by disregarding the rights and wishes of the property owner. Forcing the issue will most assuredly backfire on you in the form of newly posted "no guns" signs, citation or even arrest for trespass. Your right to currently legal activity does not trump or negate private property rights. It is imperative that you understand and respect private property ownership and the rights of private property owners.

NOTE: Create a list of property owners and contact information of those who are friendly to your cause and more importantly those who are unfriendly. Maintain contact with the unfriendly owners and educate them to your purpose in an attempt to turn their opinion in your favor. It is important that you be respectful and friendly when communicating with reluctant/anti-gun property owners. Do not flood their email box with your propaganda, do not flood their phone lines with calls from your members, but do respectfully provide them with information. After maintaining communication with reluctant/anti-gun property owners develop a closer relationship by patronizing their business and respecting their rules. Use that time to speak with the owner about their policies. Business owners tend to listen more to people who actually spend money at their business as opposed to those who boycott, rant, rave on the Internet or on the phone.

If you do your job right you may just be able to effect the thinking of reluctant property owners in a positive way.

If you do your job wrong you will only strengthen their resolve and dig their heels in deeper.

Educate yourself on Texas private property rights by reading and forming a full and complete understanding of the concepts presented here:
    http://www.texaspolicy.com/issues/property-rights

THIS IS NOT THE EFFECT YOU WANT TO CREATE OR CONTRIBUTE TO:

my4y2a4a.jpg

6aveqe8y.jpg

8y4y9ada.jpg

bery9yre.jpg

/RANT
    /FREE UNSOLICITED ADVICE

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    That's some back-ass-wards logic you're displaying there TXARGUY.

I see you have zeroed right in on my special super power but you missed my post #27 along the way. :)

Against my nature and normal judgment, I found myself replacing "open carry" with "openly gay" throughout this thread. Carrying that theme throughout the arguments presented. Now I can't say definitively, where I stand. I always support property owners rights.

Biggest difference, if you don't allow open carry in your establishment, gun owners will bitch.
    If you don't allow gays, you'll get sued.

Leave it to Vaquero to break it down so eloquently. Very nice conceptual association sir. Well done.

Last edited:

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    And on a related note. DO NOT show up looking like that Fat Slob And his gnome retard side kick. If you want to present a Positive image, dress for success. Being 6'5" and 270# I am fully qualified to judge fat.

Top Bottom