Lynx Defense

CHL 30.06 sign - Remember to look !!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Unless I'm very mistaken, a 30/06 sign also needs to be of contrasting color with letters at least one inch high. I've seen some photocopied signs that don't meet those requirments.
    I don't try to coeect the business, and I don't carry inside them. I also don't do business with them.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    TXI has a very good understanding of the law, and I respect that. Please don't consider this a personal rant.

My children are taught to use their head. They know the laws are there as a general protection for society. I have no problem with that.

My point is that if everyone obeyed the laws at all times we would be British subjects (not citizens, citizens are armed) right now. I know that is quite the comparison there, but it follows the same line.

How about one criminal like me at Virginia Tech, Columbine, or (name your favorite mass murder in a "Gun Free Zone" here)? How would history have been changed? I don't want to put myself and my loved ones at risk because of a sign.

I have said my peace. The law is there for a reason. We must all make our choices and risk the consequences.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    TXI has a very good understanding of the law, and I respect that. Please don't consider this a personal rant.

My children are taught to use their head. They know the laws are there as a general protection for society. I have no problem with that.

My point is that if everyone obeyed the laws at all times we would be British subjects (not citizens, citizens are armed) right now. I know that is quite the comparison there, but it follows the same line.
    No, you are wrong. Obeying the law makes you a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN.

And you failed to answer the question. Since you refuse to answer that means I was correct in my assessment. You don't really believe that which you wrote. You would NEVER tell your children that they can pick and choose laws. But somehow, you have decided that it is just to commit a felony or misdemeanor simply because you don't like the law.

How about one criminal like me at Virginia Tech, Columbine, or (name your favorite mass murder in a "Gun Free Zone" here)? How would history have been changed? I don't want to put myself and my loved ones at risk because of a sign.
    Then why get a CHL at all?

I have said my peace. The law is there for a reason. We must all make our choices and risk the consequences.

You are an adult and can do as you please. But it is irresponsible and a little immature to tell others it is OK to break the law if they don't agree with it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Blindly following the law and putting myself and my family at risk is something that we will apparently never agree on. Some things must take priority over the law in my eyes.

I am done with this one.

Pony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    IMHO you need to abide by the law or avoid situations where you would wish to break it. An arrest is not going to do you or your family any good, regardless as to whether you do jail time or not.

Breaking a law because you believe it is unjust holds no weight in a court of law. Breaking the law has serious consequences, you could lose the right to carry, and worse still lose your job and have trouble finding another one.

We generally do not have to put ourselves in situations where we have no alternative. If its posted and you refuse to enter without a weapon then suck it up and stay out. You may feel your rights are being violated by being asked not to carry, but equally the owners rights are being violated if you enter the premises carrying.

We may not agree with all of the laws we have, but that has never been a defense to prosecution. It is the law, period. Break it and face the consequences.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    If a business has any kind of "no guns" sign on their door, I don't figure they want my business and go elsewhere. The exception to this is the signs stating " The unlicensed carrying ". I figure I'm qualified. The local mall has done without my business for some time now, but I notice they have removed the signs recently.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Umm, government buildings are not off limits even if the mistakenly post a 30.06 sign, unless they have a court.

TPC Section 46.035 creates an exception for effective notice under section 30.06 on government owned, leased or controlled properties if the property is a hospital, or if a meeting of a governmental entity is in session. The exception would also include those government churches and amusement parks!

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    If a business has any kind of "no guns" sign on their door, I don't figure they want my business and go elsewhere. The exception to this is the signs stating " The unlicensed carrying ". I figure I'm qualified. The local mall has done without my business for some time now, but I notice they have removed the signs recently.

I'm with you on this one. We have several eateries that have The Unlincensed Carrying sign and I feel the same way. I have a CHL so it does not apply to me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    TPC Section 46.035 creates an exception for effective notice under section 30.06 on government owned, leased or controlled properties if the property is a hospital, or if a meeting of a governmental entity is in session. The exception would also include those government churches and amusement parks!

I must be an idiot, but are there some Hospitals that, if not posted, it is legal to carry in or are ALL Hospitals gun free, posted or not???

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I must be an idiot, but are there some Hospitals that, if not posted, it is legal to carry in or are ALL Hospitals gun free, posted or not???

Hospitals are only off limits if 30.06 posted

Texas Penal Code

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.

(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:

(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Blindly following the law and putting myself and my family at risk is something that we will apparently never agree on. Some things must take priority over the law in my eyes.

I am done with this one.

You can avoid your perceived risk by avoiding those places that make you scared.

Do you also avoid cars, bathtubs, electricity, fire, etc? Those things can put your family "at risk."

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thanks TI so with my valid CHL........I am good to conceal carry in these establishments correct?

Places that sell alcohol for on-premise consumption that are not 51% and all places that sell for off-premise consumption.

This is the sign;

unlicensedpossession.jpg

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm going to throw a question out for you TI. I was recently told by someone (I think it was a CHL instructor but I can't remember) that a 51% signed liquor store is a place you can legally carry with a CHL because there is no consumption allowed on the premises. Is this really legal?

Top Bottom