• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Is this like the "which is the best caliber for self defence" thread?

Savage in disguise???

So who exactly are you trying to identify yourself too? As stated before, if it's LEO, that is what your CHL license is for.

If it is another CHL holder, that badge is the last thing they will be looking at.

Anybody else doesn't matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Guns International

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Knew this "badge thang" would raise a lot of eye brows and a few snide remarks (it has done it before). My attitude is: whatever floats your boat... just do it! I personally, ain't buying arguments on either side. Not sure it'd help ya survive the police arriving at the scene (though it might) AND not sure it'd have any negative play with a Grand Jury (though it might).
    I mainly hope we can get the damn gov'mint outta business of "taxing" our God-given rights (such that NO license is required!). 2A

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    why not one of these with your LTC if you are worried about it? To me, the CHL badge is just an expensive piece of metal at best, could get you into some serious trouble at worst. Either way, it gives off the impression as a wannabe cop to me. That is just my personal opinion though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K...ce8f-5303-8ec7-677e86deacab&pf_rd_i=705348011

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Don't security guards, even unlicensed ones, wear badges?

I was an unlicensed non-carrying Pinkerton guard 30+ years ago when I was 19. Had a badge and carried a huge time clock to insert the skeleton keys throughout a plant that would record the time. But that was many years ago. Only had to pass a local police background check (no felonies).

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    If you think about it, it may stop man with gun calls if you are open carrying and have it displayed on your belt like you see on TV.

ETA: Not my cup of tea as I drink coffee.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    If you think about it, it may stop man with gun calls if you are open carrying and have it displayed on your belt like you see on TV.

ETA: Not my cup of tea as I drink coffee.
    Where have these been happening since 1/1/16?
    IMO, a badge is much more easily identified by anyone else in the vicinity, be they police or other LTCers coming in to assist, than an LTC.
    Like I said before, If you feel safer carrying around an expensive fake badge, go for it! In a life or death, shoot or don't shoot situation, a LTC badge is the last thing I'm looking for!

God bless our police force and thank God they do what they do, but in this day and age, the last thing I want is for some BLM crazy to see me with a badge on!

I cant think of a single situation where a badge like that would do one bit of good. I can think of many where it could get you into trouble or even killed!

I'd be curious to know how our resident LEO'S feel about a regular Joe carrying around a LTC Badge especially if they had it out on display!

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    This post does bring back memories of time past. I hope the OP is joking but if he isn't then he may get some ideas for additional equipment from this guy. Good luck.

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

TM

Can't...stop...laughing...
    One poster responded, ‘If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come up with a Plan B.” Needless to say, alot of folks started seriously wondering where this guy worked”

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    if you need me, I'll be in the top bubble.

352429b88ad818bd176645964f97e064.jpg

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    When I was a commissioned security guard I had a badge.
    I just ordered mine...

I was surprised, going by the number of product reviews on Amazon, that so many people carry CHL/LTC badges. Not sure why I didn't think to do so sooner...I've had my license for over 20 years now.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I was surprised, going by the number of product reviews on Amazon, that so many people carry CHL/LTC badges. Not sure why I didn't think to do so sooner...I've had my license for over 20 years now.
    I don't want to be the guy buying them, but I sure would have liked to be the guy selling them! I imagine, with the right marketing team, you could make a mint! just look how many stainless steel cups yeti has sold for $40 a pop! All it took was a good marketing campaign!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom