• Status
    Not open for further replies.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Respect 40. Either send it back or throw it away.

Dude, it's like wearing a tactical vest walking to the store. It's gay.

unless you are a cameraman or live to fish (the original purpose of those vests). I wear tactical Hawaiian shirts myself. Like a good American tourist, I will bedazzle them with my civilian version of the zig zag pattern until the wife runs them over.

"don't hit the curb"
    (hits the curb)
    "ah its fine"

"don't hit the wall"
    (hits the wall)
    "ah its fine"

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First of all, some folks need to read the Penal Code...

Texas Penal Code § 37.12. False Identification as Peace Officer;  Misrepresentation of Property

(a) A person commits an offense if:

(1) the person makes, provides to another person, or possesses a card, document, badge, insignia, shoulder emblem, or other item bearing an insignia of a law enforcement agency that identifies a person as a peace officer or a reserve law enforcement officer;  and

(2) the person who makes, provides, or possesses the item bearing the insignia knows that the person so identified by the item is not commissioned as a peace officer or reserve law enforcement officer as indicated on the item.

(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:

(1) the card, document, badge, insignia, shoulder emblem, or other item bearing an insignia of a law enforcement agency clearly identifies the person as an honorary or junior peace officer or reserve law enforcement officer, or as a member of a junior posse;

(2) the person identified as a peace officer or reserve law enforcement officer by the item bearing the insignia was commissioned in that capacity when the item was made;  or

(3) the item was used or intended for use exclusively for decorative purposes or in an artistic or dramatic presentation.

(c) In this section, “reserve law enforcement officer” has the same meaning as is given that term in Section 1701.001, Occupations Code.

(d) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly misrepresents an object as property belonging to a law enforcement agency.

(e) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

So simply wearing a badge is not an offense.

Now, whether it is a good idea or not is up to debate; but while I tend to agree that such a display isn't the smartest idea I don't see any legal issues with it!

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    In my recent LTC class the instructor told us it is a very bad idea to carry one as it could from a distance be viewed as a le badge and it is never good idea to advertise that you carry. He said in a situation you would be the first target from said bad guy. This is what he said not my words.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My position on LTC is simple. Keep it low key, low profile and very quiet. Don't show all of your cards, speak softly and carry a big stick. Badges? No thanks!

Flash

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    In my recent LTC class the instructor told us it is a very bad idea to carry one as it could from a distance be viewed as a le badge and it is never good idea to advertise that you carry. He said in a situation you would be the first target from said bad guy. This is what he said not my words.

What about open carry. Is it smart? No! Don't answer this!!!
    And why can't I post the devil emoji?

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    What about open carry. Is it smart? No! Don't answer this!!!
    And why can't I post the devil emoji?
    Absolutely not!!! You'll be the first one shot, someone will jerk it off your hip and shoot you with it, cops will be stopping you everywhere to check your license, what about the children, blood in the street, gunfights at high noon, etc, etc, etc!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MtnSpur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Colorado City, TX
    I prefer the element of surprise; ergo: surprise I just pulled my firearm as you were about to shoot me, friends, and an innocent.... I think the badges are merely a marketing ploy to get money into the seller's pocket. I am a rookie badge collector: IE: Provost Marshall antique, Pinkerton antique and a Durango Deputy Sheriff badge. I use em as props, nothing more. If you really want to have a badge may I politely recommend getting in touch with your local sheriff office and qualifying to be a volunteer. They might give you a badge or at the very least credentials to than effect. My Caveat, We live in a very small community and I know most of the deputies and even a few of the city LEO's (though we're ouside city limits). The sheriff folks know I'm a licensed CHL. Law requires you have your CHL ID on you when you are carrying (least that was of last count). I carry it and my DL even IF (rarely) I'm not strapped. Why advertise? The CHL or in some states they call em CC permits are standard fare when I put my wallet in my pocket. Obey all stop orders, keep your hands on the wheel untill the officer requests your ID's. ALWAYS tell em you have a loadedfirearm in the truck/car. You'd be surprised at a ticket turns into a "warning". :-)

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I saw bigfoot with a chl badge once.

c6a.gif

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I guess this was not big, bold, or red enough....

OK, before anyone else gets wound up too tight, I have no plans whatsoever to carry a "CHL" badge. I bought it strictly to use as a prop for this thread, as a joke. My EDC line-up also does not include the pen and light. LOL

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Man you stirred it up good! Lol. I'm 100% conceal. No badges, no banners, if everything goes the right way when I die of old age no one will ever know I was holding. What's that old saying? WE DON't NEED NO STINKIN BADGES!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I guess this was not big, bold, or red enough....

I was just wondering "why the **** is this thread still getting serious responses?"

I mean, I can understand how GHG wouldn't catch the post stating it was a troll thread immediately prior to his post, or any of the other posts mixed in with his "you gotta be a cop to know how a cop blah blah blah" posts.

But everyone else? Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I prefer to use matefrio's idea in the other thread....

Anybody know a good place to get some sterilized staples?

Where is the best place to staple a chl so that it doesn't affect my line of sight and is the most noticeable?

How would placement affect my tactical advantage?

Also, do you think having your CHL in plain view stapled to your body would deter a criminal? I know I wouldn't want to mess with a guy that staples his chl to his forehead every morning! Have to be one tough hombre!

one more question, should I open or conceal carry the staple gun to reattach my CHL after an officer asks for my ID? I'm assuming he'll want to see both sides just to verify it's not fake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Who reads posts? I just read the thread title, give my opinion and BAM........hit the send button................

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom