• ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    One thing I got from this,

If a person is determined enough and does not care about the consequences, they can cause a lot of damage. No matter what laws are in place or restrictions on guns, or who owns them. The police can't be reliably relied on to protect the themselves and the citizens from a individual like this, we must be responsible in some part for our own well being.

Their are folks on both sides of the political spectrum that embrace the movie "V for Vendetta", I can see more of this as our society changes and evolves in it's current direction.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    One thing I got from this,

If a person is determined enough and does not care about the consequences, they can cause a lot of damage. No matter what laws are in place or restrictions on guns, or who owns them. The police can't be reliably relied on to protect the themselves and the citizens from a individual like this, we must be responsible in some part for our own well being.

Their are folks on both sides of the political spectrum that embrace the movie "V for Vendetta", I can see more of this as our society changes and evolves in it's current direction.

He wasn't a mastermind either. Years to prep for this and he made a bunch of mistakes. Don't think that overseas they aren't learning and taking notes on how effective one man can be at terrifying a whole police force\state.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He wasn't a mastermind either. Years to prep for this and he made a bunch of mistakes. Don't think that overseas they aren't learning and taking notes on how effective one man can be at terrifying a whole police force\state.

Add FBI, DHS, ATF, Obama, and every liberal minded government employee who would wish to disarm us to that list of who is watching.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    How did they lynch him? And riddle me this....how would YOU have resolved the situation before nightfall in order to ensure this guy didn't slip out?

Lightplants. Light it up in a less damaging way. Thermal imaging also.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Lightplants, thermal imaging, all the "technology" can be defeated - by luck or planning - and this guy was NOT someone anyone wanting back out on the run.

Sometimes you've got to forget the gadgetry and focus on the core goal - this guy needed to go down, whether into custody or dead. He was a whack job, plain and simple.

Comparisons to Waco are totally off-focus as well, IMO. Those folks were weird, without a doubt - but the premise on which the feds initially raided were violations of STATE law, not federal - and as such, the then-governor should have demanded their immediate departure.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Would it make you feel better had I used the term "extrajudicial execution"?

No. The man had already shown a propensity to shoot first, talk later. He had any number of opportunities to surrender himself to any of several agencies, and instead continued to continue on his path. Sorry - but when faced with a mad dog, job #1 is stopping the threat.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Lightplants, thermal imaging, all the "technology" can be defeated - by luck or planning - and this guy was NOT someone anyone wanting back out on the run.

Sometimes you've got to forget the gadgetry and focus on the core goal - this guy needed to go down, whether into custody or dead. He was a whack job, plain and simple.

Comparisons to Waco are totally off-focus as well, IMO. Those folks were weird, without a doubt - but the premise on which the feds initially raided were violations of STATE law, not federal - and as such, the then-governor should have demanded their immediate departure.

You brought up nightfall as an obstacle. I told ya how it can be overcome.
    I sure ain't defending dorner. I ain't defending lapd either.
    This event was bad from day 1 to the finish.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    How did they lynch him? And riddle me this....how would YOU have resolved the situation before nightfall in order to ensure this guy didn't slip out?

Would you prefer the term "extrajudicial execution"?
    Riddle answer... That's Monday morning quarterbacking. I'm neither a sworn peace officer, nor emotionally involved in the deaths this guy caused so any answer I give is completely out of context.

Again, I don't really care that they saved the state millions of dollars for the trial and confinement of this guy. Especially since communist California won't execute anyone. But if you're going to be a part of lynch mob justice, don't lie about it.

Top Bottom