• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Here's the deal. I know very little about cigars. Looking for information and suggestions, tailored towards someone that knows very little but would like to learn and maybe up my game a bit. I know some of you are cigar smokers! Also don't want to take a second mortgage out on my house for a new hobby either!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Romeo & Juliet are good and Curivari are good too. I’m no expert or cigar snob. I just got into them a few years ago myself. I tried several and settled on these as a default. Either one is about $7-$8 each. Wife got me an ammo can humidor she found online and it seems to work well. One or two a week is all I do. Just a good way to relax, reflect, and solve the worlds problems after a long day. Specs has a good selection, but my preference is a local cigar lounge. I try and support small businesses, and he has description in front of each type of cigar such as: full flavor or,a hint of nutmeg, mellow, a hint of lilac, etc as well as where it was made. Costa Rica is pretty normal. I’ve got Cubans, but to be honest, I really can tell much of a difference other than the novel fact they are from Cuba.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Monte Christo Numero Dos is what you seek. Travel internationally or know someone that does. It is like whipped cream smooth.

Find the authentic Cubans.
    Yep. I used to go to Europe all the time. Always brought some back - Monte Christos are great. Cohiba - over rated. Punch - yep. Lots of them out there.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe where you planning on buying a cigar? Is there a cigar shop even in Palestine that aint selling bongs & vapes and strawberry blunt papers/
    There is a tobacco shop in town I buy my tobacco and tubes from. I haven't really looked at what they offer in cigars though. They do carry some of the cheaper cigars like the Swishers. There are at least two of the liquor stores that also carry some cigars as well.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I th
    Are you already addicted to nicotine? If not don’t start. One of the most addicting drugs known to man. Heroin addicts quit heroin but not nicotine.
    I think it really boils down to the person. I smoked cigarettes for 20+ years and quit cold turkey. No gum, no patches, no big deal. Can’t stand the smell of them now. Picked up the cigar thing a few years after quitting the cigs, and to be honest, I’ve gone weeks without a cigar and it doesn’t bother me. There are those who enjoy a good cognac, whiskey or brandy, and there are those who enjoy a good cigar

Your concern is valid though, and it is something to keep in mind. Everyone has their vices, and to me it’s no different than read meat, fried chicken, or the smell of burning gun powder. Moderation is key...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Are you already addicted to nicotine? If not don’t start. One of the most addicting drugs known to man. Heroin addicts quit heroin but not nicotine.
    Long story short. I have been smoking since I was 13 years old. I am to some degree addicted to nicotine. I have tried just about every method there is to quit smoking. Not one ever even put a dent in stopping me from smoking. So what I decided to do was control my addiction, and place limits on how much I smoked about ten years ago. So far, that seems to be working quite well. I also keep as active as possible to help limit my smoking. Cigars would be IMO a way to further limit my smoking.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I th

I think it really boils down to the person. I smoked cigarettes for 20+ years and quit cold turkey. No gum, no patches, no big deal. Can’t stand the smell of them now. Picked up the cigar thing a few years after quitting the cigs, and to be honest, I’ve gone weeks without a cigar and it doesn’t bother me. There are those who enjoy a good cognac, whiskey or brandy, and there are those who enjoy a good cigar

Your concern is valid though, and it is something to keep in mind. Everyone has their vices, and to me it’s no different than read meat, fried chicken, or the smell of burning gun powder. Moderation is key...
    I think some people become addicted more easily than others. Something to do with those addicting sites in the brain. Also if your mother smoked when she carried you. Mine did and so I was born addicted. Hardest thing I ever did was quitting nicotine.

Top Bottom