• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think some people become addicted more easily than others. Something to do with those addicting sites in the brain. Also if your mother smoked when she carried you. Mine did and so I was born addicted. Hardest thing I ever did was quitting nicotine.
    Honestly, I'm not for sure. My mother smoked when she was carrying both my brother and I and our sisters. I'm the only one that smokes on a regular basis. Neither of my sisters smoke, and my brother only does the occasional cigar.

Many, many years ago, my father smoked a pipe, but he switched to cigars about thirty years ago.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think some people become addicted more easily than others. Something to do with those addicting sites in the brain. Also if your mother smoked when she carried you. Mine did and so I was born addicted. Hardest thing I ever did was quitting nicotine.
    My mom is a modern day puritan. Never smoked and rarely drinks. I’m talking a glass of wine on Christmas and Thanksgiving and thats it. This might explain why it was easier for me to kick the habit.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Honestly, I'm not for sure. My mother smoked when she was carrying both my brother and I and our sisters. I'm the only one that smokes on a regular basis. Neither of my sisters smoke, and my brother only does the occasional cigar.

Many, many years ago, my father smoked a pipe, but he switched to cigars about thirty years ago.
    So if your mom smoked when carrying you then those sites are established in your brain and that first time you use nicotine you are reactivating them again. My theory anyhow. I know that with other addictions newborns go through withdrawal just like adults except they can't get out of their bassinets for a hit.
    If you are now a nicotine user and want cigars I guess it is your choice. When I smoked I never enjoyed cigars but I was a 3 pack a day cigarette user. 40 years ago. If I ever smoked again I fear I would instantly reactivate that addiction. I will not.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

Ahh, pipe smoking.., Does anyone smoke pipes any more? I’m talking tobacco pipes, not crack pipes. I remember as a kid I would see older folk smoking pipes. Boy, did that smell so good. Like cherries. I don’t see that so much any more.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Swisher Sweets were what I used to smoke when I played cards. I always woke up wondering where that little dog was that had taken a s*** in my mouth!

No matter what I smoke, I feel like hammered dogshit the next day. That's one vice I'll forego.

I'll stick to what I'm good at. Gin.

My mother smoked carrying me and her and my dad smoked in the house until I left at 17.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    I have a hard time picking one myself.

I have one on occasion, maybe once a month or so. I don't think you'll go wrong with a Rocky Patel, Arturo Fuente. You'll have to try several I think to find a flavor that suits you, but that can be part of the fun too.

Maybe check out Thompsons online and look at the ratings. Maybe pair the rating up with what you can find local. Or order online.

I use to enjoy going to the Texas Cigar company on the Gulf Freeway. They had a huge humidor and the guys would be hand rolling the cigars.

Pair your cigar with a nice bourbon....

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Cigars are expensive, or taste like crap. Some, like Acid, have flavors, and aren't bad at all, but they are expensive. I have smoked a pipe since I was 19. The difference between cigars, pipes, and cigarettes, is that you don't inhale cigar, or pipe smoke. Tobacco shop owner where I bought tobacco for years, said, "If you have to inhale it, it's bad!" Most people won't put the time into breaking in a pipe.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I keep cigars at home and usually smoke half a dozen or so a month. Your tastes will develop as you go so try a lot of different ones and keep track of likes/dislikes. There are lots of websites that'll ship them to you so don't worry about local sources if it's slim pickins where you are. Order a few sampler packs of name brand mild or medium cigars to start.

My favorite cigar is a Padron 1926 natural leaf but those are too expensive to smoke all the time. I also like Camacho, Drew Estate, and Caldwell.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Strawberry papers? Now you are really dating yourself.
    Having spent a fair amount of time in Axxes area of operation my guess most the weed smoking is done in pimp mobiles like back in the day. The smell of strawberry papers & strawberry pimp oil was all over the ghetto I lived in!
    Everything that's old is new again at some point! I think the clear ones might no longer be fashionable! I think a huge percentage of that has gone vape wax & oils! High tech weed heads, who would have thunk it!

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    I smoke very rarely, and got started for the same reason. What I did was order a sampler and try a bunch to find what I like.

The one I ended up preferring is Cinco Vegas gold double nickel.

I also enjoy acid kuba kuba.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Smoked for 40 years. Quit when I retired. No big deal for me, but no judging. For me it was easy. Now onto cigars . Depends how much you want to spend. I used to smoke Macanudos, about $2 each back in 1979. I liked them. Someone gave me a Cuban and it was like dog shit
    Cigars can get mucho expensive-o

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I got into smoking cigars about 10 years ago. Before that, I maybe smoked two or three a year. Usually on opening day of deer or dove season. I've slowed down a lot lately, but still enjoy a smooth cigar when I'm at the deer lease. Some SPEC's have decent humidors and selection of cigars, but I usually buy my cigars online. I use Cigarbid.com and cigarsInternational.com. I've listed some of the cigars I usually buy, that are on the light/smooth side. I can't handle strong/Full cigars.

Rocky Patel Connecticut
    Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary, Champagne series
    Victor Sinclair Primeros
    Macanudo Cafe
    Montecristo Classic
    Java Mint by Drew Estate (Flavored cigar)
    Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real

Just my 2 cents.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The regular line of Padrons is excellent.

I preferred the 4000 in Maduro, which is a darker leaf/wrapper with mucho flavor.

Also, look at JR Cigars if what you care to try isn't available locally.

I used to order all my cigars from them.

Top Bottom