Venture Surplus ad

Claiming "combat accuracy" is an excuse.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I run with guys who spray bullets. They like to push me into getting the "Lantac" muzzle brake so the rifle stays on target while spraying. I don't shoot like that and never did so having an effective muzzle brake is a waste of money. One shot.......one dead thing. If a target isn't available, then why shoot?

That's how I do it.

Flash

Not sure what type of situation you are referring to here. No one has mentioned spraying bullets or shooting without having a target.

As far as "on shot, one dead", I agree when it comes to many things, but that is a fairly dangerous attitude when it comes to self defense.

Maybe you could expand on your comment for better context and help relate it to the type of situation we are discussing.
    DK Firearms

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Imagine shooting like a gas pedal. I posted this awhile back. It relates to combat accuracy, abilities and limitations. Ive since been forcing myself to shoot smaller targets and at farther distances.
    9caf7b68fa4a3c390aaa97183e49e42c.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Imagine shooting like a gas pedal. I posted this awhile back. It relates to combat accuracy, abilities and limitations. Ive since been forcing myself to shoot smaller targets and at farther distances.
    9caf7b68fa4a3c390aaa97183e49e42c.jpg

Exactly.

That's isn't what I would consider combat accuracy. For combat accuracy, the group size remains constant and the rate of fire is reduced in order to maintain accuracy.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ill rewatch the video in a bit so I can keep myself focused on the discussion and not my more limited experience and opinions. YG watch the video or shaddup! Going to get a sammich. Anyone need anything?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Although I don't disagree with what y'all are saying ........................ it seems to be gettin' waaaay to technical for such a simple situation. But that's just me. It ain't rocket surgery! Do the best you can to hit it what you're shootin' at! :green:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ill rewatch the video in a bit so I can keep myself focused on the discussion and not my more limited experience and opinions. YG watch the video or shaddup! Going to get a sammich. Anyone need anything?

I did watch the video, hence my comments directly associated with things he said in the video.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Although I don't disagree with what y'all are saying ........................ it seems to be gettin' waaaay to technical for such a simple situation. But that's just me. It ain't rocket surgery! Do the best you can to hit it what you're shootin' at! :green:

This is more of a discussion on training technique and what is right/wrong I believe.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Nah that is exactly the point. Too many folks out there blasting away making shot patterns instead of groups (like in my img I posted highlighted in red and to an extent yellow at that range).

Too many hooooah hoooah "trainers" encouraging their students that superb accuracy is overrated and doesnt matter in them skreetz when the balloon goes up son!

People take a class and want to feel competent immediately. Trainers that want to get paid in the short run want their students to be happy and satisfied not frustrated and humbled instead of building competent shooters which takes time. Now ill shaddup until I can watch it again and eat this sammy.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ever box? Do MMA? Think you are pretty tough? Strong? Have "hands"? Feel you can "handle yourself" because you got in that one fight in high school?

Then box or roll with someone who actually trains. You get punched in the face, thrown on the ground, choked out and generally bullied around the ring or mat.

That is the larger conversation here.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What?

I must have watched different video. The one I watched had a guy talking about shooting, group size, and training style.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom