• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    lol.......it was in response to post #116......I'm still trying to figure it all out.....

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Just FYI - Today’s (11 Dec 2017) posting from Mark Johnson (CMP):

We will have an all new order form, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send there FFL with customer name attached. The customer will have to send in a complete new order packet with all new qualifying criteria included. Everyone will be a new customer, everyone starts with no advantage or disadvantage. CMP 1911 is a separate entity from CMP and has to have its own record keeping operation with no ties to CMP. All of this makes the audit trail clear and easy for Congress to look at concerning sells of the 1911.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Is this a monopoly
    Why is NRA not supporting their members in buying
    This gun
    Maybe we should transfer our membership

Should we also demand to know why AAA isn't doing something about gas prices, and join some other organization?

Why is my local aviation museum not doing something about the price of airline tickets?

Why doesn't Netflix help me afford movie tickets?

Can't my local library do something about the high price of hardback books from Amazon?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From the link....

"Concerning sale price of the 1911s: CMP has been selling M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1903s, .22s, etc. for 21+ years and we have never taken advantage of anyone. CMP is not going to start price gouging people now with the 1911s. The 1911s will be priced at fair market value just like our M1 Garands. The CMP's enabling legislation directs sales of items at fair market value."

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    anyone know how to join the CMP to get a chance at the 1911s? says you can join online for $25 but when you go to their site and click on the blue links they turn black and nothing happens. even a LGS owner told me he cant figure it out either. i emailed the head honcho in texas in SA, no reply. called atlanta (?) and left a message. no call back. anyone know how? thanks

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I didn't know TSRA also qualified. Got a membership there as well.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Looks like the CMP only received 8K 1911s (the minimum authorized annually):

This is from Mr. Mark Johnson (CMP)
    Status of the CMP 1911s, 1/29/2018:

The CMP has been authorized to receive 8000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.

The 1911s have been received by the CMP. A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week. The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed. That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now. Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)

The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date. No orders will be accepted prior to that date. Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest. CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

The CMP will keep everyone posted as we move through this process.

Top Bottom